Adversity quotes13 adversity quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“You know, you have to have some inner philosophy to deal with adversity. ”
“Your daddy stared adversity in the eye Hardy, and he beat it back with a broom.”
“I come from the slums; I come from a hard background; I come from a poor family; and I was a soldier.”
“I couldn't deal with playing a character who rides motorcycles and has a leather jacket and is a tough kid, y'know?”
“Zhivago was an awful part to play. I couldn't go to the daily rushes and see myself do that one big, good scene that would have gotten me into gear. I started eating my heart out, and I had a sort of breakdown after one month. I said 'David, you made a mistake in picking me', but he replied 'Trust me' and I kept on going.”
“- Principal Holmstead: Growing up is a hard enough thing as it is.
- Kelly Ernswiler: Is that what your box of tissues is for?”
“- Susan Vance: You've just had a bad day, that's all.
- David Huxley: That's a masterpiece of understatement.”
“Sex is hardly ever just about sex.”
“You know what they say: that which doesn't kill you, makes you want to die.”
“Life is filled with it's little miseries, each of us in his own way must learn to deal with adversity in a mature and adult fashion.”
“- Nick Rivers: Listen to me, Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Deputy Mayor Kevin Calhoun: If I didn't know better, I'd be bursting with admiration. I thought I'd come here and find you on your knees; instead you're ready to turn adversity into triumph.
- Mayor John Pappas: Oh, it's just a reflex, an old habit of mine. But it's still good to hear you say it... the way you say it, too. "Adversity into... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Man Stoner: Hey, man; I'm glad you picked me up, man. I slept in a ditch last night, man, I was about to freeze my balls off, man.
- Pedro de Pacas: Man, I didn't even know you had any, I wouldn't of stopped.”