“Bringing Up Baby” quotes(1938)
Plot – A young zoologist, shy and studious, accidentally meets with a capricious girl who wants to help him and drags him into a series of absurd adventures, until he makes a bad impression toward the same people who could support his researches. The frenzied series of misunderstandings ends with a proposal.
All actors – Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Charles Ruggles, Walter Catlett, Barry Fitzgerald, May Robson, Fritz Feld, Leona Roberts, George Irving, Tala Birell, Virginia Walker, John Kelly, Ruth Adler, Adeline Ashbury, Asta, William 'Billy' Benedict, Billy Bevan, Stanley Blystone, Ward Bond, Ralph Brooks, Harry Campbell, Jack Carson, D'Arcy Corrigan, William Corson, Evelyne Eager, Judith Ford, Billy Franey, Jack Gardner, Edward Gargan, Frances Gifford, Tex C.C. Gilmore, Duke Green, Paul Guilfoyle, Geraldine Hall, George Humbert, Karl 'Karchy' Kosiczky, Lorraine Krueger, Richard Lane, Nissa the Leopard, Dorothy Lloyd, Buck Mack, Teddy Mangean, Frank Marlowe, Jeanne Martel, Pat O'Malley, Eleanor Peterson, Buster Slaven, Larry Steers, Jean Stevens, Bobby Stone, Jack Stoney, Edward Thomas, Ida Vollmar, Crawford Weaver, Robert Weldon, Pat West, Cynthia Westlakeshow all
“Bringing Up Baby” Quotes 23 quotes
“How can all these things happen to just one person?”
“- Mrs. Random: Well who are you?
- David Huxley: I don't know. I'm not quite myself today.
- Mrs. Random: Well, you look perfectly idiotic in those clothes.”
“Well, there's nothing else I can say except that I'm glad that before I married you, you showed yourself in your true colors: you're just a butterfly.”
“- Susan Vance: Is there anything in the world that doesn't belong to you?
- David Huxley: Yes, thank heaven, you!”
“- Susan Vance: Now please listen to me - you certainly can't think that I did that intentionally!
- David Huxley: Well, if I could think, I'd have run when I saw you!”
“- Susan Vance: You mean you want me to go home?
- David Huxley: Yes.
- Susan Vance: You mean you don't want me to help you any more?
- David Huxley: No.
- Susan Vance: After all the fun we've had?
- David Huxley: Yes.
- Susan Vance: And after all the things I've done for you?
- David Huxley: That's what I mean.”
“- Susan Vance: You've just had a bad day, that's all.
- David Huxley: That's a masterpiece of understatement.”
“- Susan Vance: Well, don't you worry, David, because if there's anything that I can do to help you, just let me know and I'll do it.
- David Huxley: Well, er - don't do it until I let you know.”
"He's three-years-old, gentle as a kitten, and likes dogs". I wonder whether Mark means that he eats dogs or is fond of them?
“When a man is wrestling a leopard in the middle of a pond, he's in no position to run.”
“- Dr. Fritz Lehman: She's going to give me an explanation...
- David Huxley: No no no and my dear sir, it never will be clear, as long as she's explaining it!”
“There is a leopard on your roof and it's my leopard and I have to get it and to get it I have to sing.”
“- David Huxley: I don't like leopards!
- Susan Vance: Well, just pretend he's a housecat.
- David Huxley: I don't like cats, either.”
“- Susan Vance: Anyway, David, when they find out who we are they'll let us out.
- David Huxley: When they find out who you are they'll pad the cell.”
“- Mrs. Random: Why is he wearing your negligee?
- Susan Vance: Mark said that if he wants to wear a negligee, we have to let him wear a negligee.”
“- Alice Swallow: Oh David, what have you done?
- David Huxley: Just name anything, and I've done it.”
“- David Huxley: So if you don't mind, Susan, I'll see Mr. Peabody alone, and unarmed.
- Susan Vance: Without me?
- David Huxley: Yes, without you, and definitely without you.”
“- Susan Vance: You're angry, aren't you?
- David Huxley: Yes, I am!
- Susan Vance: Mm-hmm. The love impulse in man frequently reveals itself in terms of conflict.”
“- David Huxley: Don't lose your head!
- Susan Vance: I've got my head, I've lost my leopard!”
“- Susan Vance: Don't worry, Gogarty, I'll get you out.
- David Huxley: Oh, sure. Look, she got me out.”
“- David Huxley: But Susan, you can't climb in a man's bedroom window!
- Susan Vance: I know, it's on the second floor!”