Ostentation quotes13 ostentation quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
- Memphis Raines: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.
- Exotic Car Salesman: Well, a Ferrari would certainly change that.
- Memphis Raines: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lady Margaret Carstairs: [presenting her diamond] My husband gave it to me on our fifth wedding anniversary.
- Sherlock Holmes: 423 carats, isn't it?
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: The original diamond was over 700 carats.
- Sherlock Holmes: Really?
- Lady Margaret Carstairs: [to her son] Your father had it cut. Less ostentatious.
- Dr. John H....” (continue)(continue reading)
“Acting is a masochistic form of exhibitionism. It is not quite the occupation of an adult.”
“I think trying too hard to be sexy is the worst thing in the world a woman can do.”
“I got attention by being funny at school, pretending to be retarded, and jumping around with a deformed hand.”
“In Hollywood it's okay to be subtle, as long as you make it obvious.”
Let's just get this straight. You're 20-something years old, you have no job, no money, very few prospects. You haven't been seen in the vicinity of anything which even faintly resembles a member of the opposite sex in over 6 months. And yet you sit here and tell us that you have some kind of special thing that makes the other side go "gaga".... (continue)(continue reading)
“Some people show off their beauty because they want the world to see it. Others try to hide their beauty because they want the world to see something else.”
“The girls are having a great time showing everybody the lights. I pray to God that's the only thing they're showing.”