Discretion quotes26 discretion quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I find something fascinating about the quiet man in the background who has no desire to be the center of attention.”
“- Paul Varjak: [about Holly and Jose] So you're getting married, then?
- Holly Golightly: Well, he hasn't really asked me, not in so many words.
- Paul Varjak: Four you mean?
- Holly Golightly: Huh?
- Paul Varjak: Well that's how many it takes: will you marry me?”
“- Cooper: Doctor Brand and Edmonds, they close?
- TARS: I wouldn't know.
- Cooper: Is that a ninety percent wouldn't know, or ten percent wouldn't know?
- TARS: I also have a discretion setting, Cooper.
- Cooper: Ah. But not a poker face, huh?”
“I'm just not one of those naturally funny, relaxed actors who enjoy the spotlight and are so good at it.”
“In Hollywood it's okay to be subtle, as long as you make it obvious.”
“- Henry Gatewood: What do you do?
- Ringo: I mind my own business. You oughta try it some time.
- Henry Gatewood: Why?
- Ringo: It's not near as dangerous as the way you're livin' now.”
“Remember, scare the shit out of them, but don't damage them. I want them conscious and talkative. And lads, try and be discreet, eh?”
“Whatever Watson has found out, you'll know inevitably. I have unbounded confidence in his lack of discretion.”
“Love me. But don't tell me so.”
“Quando si tratta della mia vita privata mi piace mantenermi sul vago.”
“Non sono disposta a parlare della mia vita privata con nessuno.”
“- Capt. M. Renard: What are your sympathies?
- Harry Morgan: Minding my own business.”
“Being invisible is the best.”
“Just because a person doesn't go around blabbing her entire biological history to everyone she meets, doesn't make her a liar.”
“Hello? I'm opening the door, if you want to stop what you're doing and put your clothes on!”
“- Kate: Do you think you could urinate with someone standing behind you?
- Mom: I think I could manage it. Are you going to be the someone?”
“If there's one thing I don't look for in a maid, it's discretion. Except with my own secrets, of course.”
“- Marius: A vampire's life is a life of discretion.
- Lestat: Discretion? Why should we hide, Marius? We are the powerful. We are the immortal. We should walk fearless in the open.
- Marius: That cannot be. We are vulnerable during the day. Mortals must never know of us. You must be dead to the world.”