Christian Bale quotes
“- Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.
- Bruce Wayne: Why?
- Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death?
- Bruce Wayne: I do fear death. I fear dying in here, while my city burns, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I find something fascinating about the quiet man in the background who has no desire to be the center of attention.”
“- Batman: Then why do you want to kill me?
- The Joker: I don't, I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, no! No. You... you... complete me.”
“- Alfred Pennyworth: I trust you don't have me followed on my day off.
- Bruce Wayne: If you ever took one, I might.”
“- Batman: This city just showed you that it's full of people ready to believe in good.
- The Joker: Until their spirit breaks completely. Until they get a good look at the real Harvey Dent, and all the heroic things he's done.”
“- Irving Rosenfeld: You're young. You're beautiful. You gotta go out and find somebody else. Get some friends. Alright?
- Rosalyn Rosenfeld: I don't like going out. I get anxiety when I have to meet people. You know how hard that is.”
“- Bruce Wayne: Should I just bury the past out there with my parents, Alfred?
- Alfred: I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do with your past, sir. Just know that there are those of us who care about what you do with your future.”
“- Bruce Wayne: You know that day that you once told me about, when Gotham would no longer need Batman? It's coming.
- Rachel Dawes: Bruce. You can't ask me to wait for that.
- Bruce Wayne: It's happening now. Harvey is that hero. He locked up half of the city's criminals, and he did it without wearing a mask. Gotham needs a hero with a face.”
“- Two-Face: The joker chose me!
- Batman: Because you were the best of us. He wanted to prove that even someone as good as you could fall.
- Two-Face: And he was right.”
“- Bruce Wayne: The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?
- Alfred Pennyworth: Yes.
- Bruce Wayne: How?
- Alfred Pennyworth: We burned the forest down.”
“- Ken Miles: Very. Wait a second. What type of girl are you?
- Mollie Miles: The type of girl who likes the smell of wet gasoline.
- Ken Miles: Oh.
- Mollie Miles: Burnt rubber.
- Ken Miles: What are you, some kind of a deviant? Are you?”
“- Customer: In this country, the customer is always right! Do you ever hear that?
- Ken Miles: Yeah. Yeah. A bunch of nonsense.”
“- Ken Miles: If this were a beauty pageant, we just lost.
- Carroll Shelby: Looks aren't everything.”
“- Catwoman: You could have gone anywhere, but you came back.
- Batman: So did you.
- Catwoman: Well then I guess we're both suckers.”
“- Bruce Wayne: Why didn't you just... kill me?
- Bane: You don't fear death... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.
- Bruce Wayne: Torture?
- Bane: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.”
“- Catwoman: My mother warned me about getting into cars with strange men.
- Batman: This isn't a car.”
“- George W. Bush: So we gonna do this thing, or what? I mean, is this happening?
- Dick Cheney: I believe... we can make this work.”