Christian Bale quotes
“- Bruce Wayne: Should I just bury the past out there with my parents, Alfred?
- Alfred: I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do with your past, sir. Just know that there are those of us who care about what you do with your future.”
- From the movie: The Dark Knight Rises
“- Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.
- Bruce Wayne: Why?
- Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of death?
- Bruce Wayne: I do fear death. I fear dying in here, while my city burns, and...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless, and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights, while also promoting equal rights for women. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values. Most importantly, we have...” (continue)(continue reading)
- La trovi in Motivational Quotes
“I find something fascinating about the quiet man in the background who has no desire to be the center of attention.”
- La trovi in Reputation and Popularity
“- Batman: Then why do you want to kill me?
- The Joker: I don't, I don't want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, no! No. You... you... complete me.”
“- Alfred Pennyworth: I trust you don't have me followed on my day off.
- Bruce Wayne: If you ever took one, I might.”
- Patrick Bateman: "When I see a pretty girl walking down the street, I think two things. One part wants me to take her out, talk to her, be real nice and sweet and treat her right".
- David Van Patten: And what did the other part think?
- Patrick Bateman: "What her head would look like on a stick... ".
“- Batman: This city just showed you that it's full of people ready to believe in good.
- The Joker: Until their spirit breaks completely. Until they get a good look at the real Harvey Dent, and all the heroic things he's done.”
- From the movie: Newsies
“Why we starting to fight each other? It's just what the big shots wanna see. That we're street trash, street rats with no brains. No respect for nothing including ourselves. So heres how it is if we don't act together then we are nothing. If we don't stick together we are nothing. And if we can't even trust each other, then we are nothing. So...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: American Hustle
“- Irving Rosenfeld: You're young. You're beautiful. You gotta go out and find somebody else. Get some friends. Alright?
- Rosalyn Rosenfeld: I don't like going out. I get anxiety when I have to meet people. You know how hard that is.”
“- Club Patron: So, what do you do?
- Patrick Bateman: I'm into, uh, well, murders and executions, mostly.
- Club Patron: Do you like it?
- Patrick Bateman: Well, it depends. Why?
- Club Patron: Well, most guys I know who are in Mergers and Acquisitions really don't like it.”
“It's not who I am underneath... but what I do... that defines me.”
“- Bruce Wayne: You know that day that you once told me about, when Gotham would no longer need Batman? It's coming.
- Rachel Dawes: Bruce. You can't ask me to wait for that.
- Bruce Wayne: It's happening now. Harvey is that hero. He locked up half of the city's criminals, and he did it without wearing a mask. Gotham needs a hero with a face.”
“- Two-Face: The joker chose me!
- Batman: Because you were the best of us. He wanted to prove that even someone as good as you could fall.
- Two-Face: And he was right.”
“- Bruce Wayne: The bandit, in the forest in Burma, did you catch him?
- Alfred Pennyworth: Yes.
- Bruce Wayne: How?
- Alfred Pennyworth: We burned the forest down.”
- From the movie: Empire of the Sun
Learned a new word today. "Atom bomb". It was like the God taking a photograph.
- From the movie: Thor: Love and Thunder
“Gorr-You are not like the other gods I’ve killed.
Thor-Because I have something worth fighting for.”
“- Ken Miles: Very. Wait a second. What type of girl are you?
- Mollie Miles: The type of girl who likes the smell of wet gasoline.
- Ken Miles: Oh.
- Mollie Miles: Burnt rubber.
- Ken Miles: What are you, some kind of a deviant? Are you?”
“- Customer: In this country, the customer is always right! Do you ever hear that?
- Ken Miles: Yeah. Yeah. A bunch of nonsense.”
“- Ken Miles: If this were a beauty pageant, we just lost.
- Carroll Shelby: Looks aren't everything.”
- From the movie: The Dark Knight Rises
“- Catwoman: You could have gone anywhere, but you came back.
- Batman: So did you.
- Catwoman: Well then I guess we're both suckers.”