“- Buscemi: What happens when he's dead?
- El Mariachi: When Bucho's dead... it's over. He is the last one.
- Buscemi: End of payback? An eye for an eye and all that crap? You finally gonna be satisfied?
- El Mariachi: I think so.
- Buscemi: I hope so. 'Cause, I don't have the stomach for this anymore.”
Plot – Bucho, a drug dealer, lives with his gang in a small Mexican town. "El Mariachi", a former bizarre and reckless guitarist, is following him: he buzzes around the reddish dust town with his guitar, but in the custody there are guns, bullets and a small missile as well. Among the inhabitans there's Carolina, whose library is a convenient hiding place. "EI Mariachi" visits many bars and clubs, sometimes playing his music and sometimes shooting at bad guys.
All actors – Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Joaquim de Almeida, Cheech Marin, Steve Buscemi, Carlos Gómez, Quentin Tarantino, Tito Larriva, Angel Aviles, Danny Trejo, Abraham Verduzco, Carlos Gallardo, Albert Michel Jr., David Alvarado, Angela Lanza, Mike Moroff, Robert Arevalo, Gerardo Moscoso, Peter Marquardt, Consuelo Gómez, Jaime de Hoyos, Cristos, Richie Gaona, Mark Dalton, Tommy Nix, Patricia Vonne, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Enrique Iglesias, Reinol Martinez, Diego Sandovalshow all
“Desperado” Quotes 11 quotes
“Give me the strength to be what I was, and forgive me for what I am.”
“- Priest: Did you want confession?
- El Mariachi: Heh? Well, maybe later, Father. 'Cause where I am going, I'd just have to come right back.”
“You know, it's easier to pull the trigger than play guitar. Easier to destroy than to create.”
“- El Mariachi: Suddenly you're my big brother.
- Buscemi: Well I do feel some responsibility for you, yeah.”
“One of these days you're gonna lie down too hard on that thing and blow your brains out.”
“- El Mariachi: Bless me, Father, for I have just killed quite a few men.
- Buscemi: No shit!”
“- Buscemi: Suddenly they got very interested in who you were. So, I laid the story down nice and thick.
- El Mariachi: How thick?
- Buscemi: Well, pretty thick, I told 'em you were the biggest Mexican I've ever seen...”
“- Carolina: What about calling you friends?
- El Mariachi: Campa... Quino... They would destroy the city...”