“Double Indemnity” quotes(1944)
Plot – Thanks to a taped confession of a wounded man, some crimes are solved. They involve a good looking man with no scruples and a woman, Phyllis Dietrichson, as attractive as dangerous. It all begins with a fateful encounter between them, after the expiry of an insurance policy which belonged to Phyllis' husband.
All actors – Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson, Porter Hall, Jean Heather, Tom Powers, Byron Barr, Richard Gaines, Fortunio Bonanova, John Philliber, , James Adamson, John Berry, Raymond Chandler, Edmund Cobb, Kernan Cripps, Betty Farrington, Bess Flowers, Harold Garrison, Eddie Hall, Teala Loring, George Magrill, Sam McDaniel, Billy Mitchell, Clarence Muse, Miriam Nelson, Constance Purdy, Dick Rush, Floyd Shackelford, Oscar Smith, Douglas Spencershow all
“Double Indemnity” Quotes 14 quotes
“The job I'm talking about takes brains and integrity. It takes more guts than there is in 50 salesmen. It's the hardest job in the business.”
“It's just like the first time I came here, isn't it? We were talking about automobile insurance, only you were thinking about murder. And I was thinking about that anklet.”
“- Walter Neff: Afraid, baby?
- Phyllis Dietrichson: Yes, I'm afraid. But not of Keyes. I'm afraid of us. We're not the same anymore. We did it so we could be together but instead of that, it's pulling us apart.”
“- Phyllis Dietrichson: I don't want to kill him. I never did. Not even when he gets drunk and slaps my face.
- Walter Neff: Only sometimes you wish he was dead.
- Phyllis Dietrichson: Perhaps I do.
- Walter Neff: And you wish it was an accident and you had that policy for $50,000 dollars. Is that it?
- Phyllis Dietrichson: Perhaps that too.”
“- Phyllis Dietrichson: We're both rotten.
- Walter Neff: Only you're a little more rotten.”
- Walter Neff: You can't get away with it. You want to knock him off, don't you?
- Phyllis Dietrichson: That's a horrible thing to say.
- Walter Neff: What do you think I was, anyway? A guy that walks into a good-looking dame's front parlor and says: "Good afternoon. I sell accident insurance on husbands. Have you got one that's been around too... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Walter Neff: Why didn't you shoot again, baby? Don't tell me it's because you've been in love with me all this time.
- Phyllis Dietrichson: I never loved you, Walter, not you or anybody else. I'm rotten to the heart. I used you just as you said. That's all you ever meant to me. Until a minute ago, when I couldn't fire that second shot. I never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Murder's never perfect. Always comes apart sooner or later, and when two people are involved it's usually sooner.”