Plot – One day a blonde mermaid appears from the rocks beneath the Statue of Liberty in New York. She has no tail but beautiful legs and is naked, so people take her to the nearest police station. The owner of a wholesale market, Allen, meets her and certainly doesn’t recognize the little mermaid he glimpsed when he was a child, while falling into the sea from a ferry boat. However, she’s that mermaid who, by the way, was looking for him, allowing herself seven days of vacation and without intention to reveal her true nature. So the girl, who Allen calls Madison, lives in his house.
All actors – Tom Hanks, Daryl Hannah, Eugene Levy, John Candy, Dody Goodman, Shecky Greene, Richard B. Shull, Bobby Di Cicco, Howard Morris, Tony DiBenedetto, Patrick Cronin, Charles Walkershow all
“Splash” Quotes 13 quotes
“- Allen Bauer: You know by the time I got there, she was already gone.
- Freddie Bauer: Victoria left, huh?
- Allen Bauer: Yeah. You know why she left Freddie? Because I didn't love her.
- Freddie Bauer: That bitch.”
“- Allen Bauer: I didn't even like you when I first met you.
- Walter Kornbluth: Nobody likes me when they first meet me.”
“- Dr. Zidell: What's happened to you? You were the brightest student in my class. True, emotionally you were twelve years old.
- Walter Kornbluth: I was twelve years old.”
“I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends you could ask them.”
“- Freddie Bauer: People fall in love every day, huh? Is that what you said?
- Allen Bauer: Yeah.
- Freddie Bauer: Yeah? Well, that's a crock. It doesn't work that way. Look, do you realize how happy you were with her? That is, of course, when you weren't driving yourself crazy. Every day? Come on. Some people will never be that happy. I'll never...” (continue)(continue reading)
“While we are baring our souls, Mr. Kornbluth, I must honestly tell you I have never considered you a man of science. You're not a member of my team. Run along, Walter. See if you can't find a unicorn.”
“It just so happens I come from a very long line of married people.”
“I don't understand. All my life I've been waiting for someone and when I find her, she's... she's a fish.”
“Look, if something works for me I stick with it.”