Plot – To search his father Poopdeck Pappy, Popeye arrives to Sweethaven, a seaside village surrounded by strange wooden houses and inhabited by weird people who eat only sandwiches. Here he meets Olive Oyl, who's engaged to the county squire Brutus yet. Nevertheless, between them arises a feeling thanks to Pee too, a baby who can predict the future. Brutus wants to take revenge over Popeye and exploits Pee to find a treasure, but Popeye eats a box of spinach and finds back little Pee and his father, then he saves Olivia by a giant octopus and expels Brutus from Sweethaven.
All actors – Robin Williams, Shelley Duvall, Ray Walston, Paul Dooley, Paul L. Smith, Richard Libertini, Donald Moffat, MacIntyre Dixon, Roberta Maxwell, Donovan Scott, Allan F. Nicholls, Wesley Ivan Hurtshow all
“Popeye” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Popeye: What are you doing, Pappy? You can't fire that thing. There's women and infinks on that boat!
- Poopdeck Pappy: Would you stop worrying? All I'm gonna do is fire a warning shot right across the bow. Don't you think I knows what I'm doing?”
“Gentlemen, you know the rules - there are no rules. This is a fight to the finish. The first man who's dead loses.”
“- Popeye: Look at there Olive, he's got my eye.
- Olive Oyl: He does not have your eyes. He's got my eyes. He's got your mouth!
- Popeye: Does he? One day, Swee'Peas, he's gonna go to school and bust bigger kids in the mush. Yeah, you like that, don't you? Yes.
- Olive Oyl: And we'll move into a vine covered cottage on a shady lane. And we'll...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I hates sentiment. I is disgustipated.”
“Children, phooey. You give them everything they want, and what do you get back in return? You get nothing! Why they're just smaller versions of us you know, but I'm not so crazy about me in the first place, so why would I want one of them? I'm asking ya. Children. Ah, children. Little children. You'll pour your heart to them, you give them...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Olive Oyl: I'm not a child.
- Castor Oyl: I'll say you're not a child!
- Olive Oyl: Who says I'm not a child?
- Castor Oyl: You said you're not a child and I agreed with you. That's who.
- Olive Oyl: Who asked you to agree with me?
- Castor Oyl: Well, no one can stop me from agreeing with you if I want to!
- Olive Oyl: I can.”
“- Popeye: I'm your one and only exspring. See, we got the same bulgy arms.
- Poopdeck Pappy: No resemblance.
- Popeye: We-we got the same squinky eye.
- Poopdeck Pappy: What squinky eye?
- Popeye: That's going to be hard for you to see. Oh, we even got the same pipe, Pap.
- Poopdeck Pappy: You idiot, you can't inherit a pipe! Ooh, I am poppa to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I think it's a conspiracy. Why would they manufacture deliberate ugliness unless they wanted me to look ugly? We find that out, we find out everything.”
“- Bluto: Commodore.
- Poopdeck Pappy: Don't keep calling me commodore inside this here harbor. I got millions'o emenies. And you is 10 or 12 of 'em.”
“Poppa. Pretty soon, you and me are going to be together again, huh? Yeah. Thirty years ain't that long. Besides, next Wednesday's our annual-versity. Yeah? Yeah. Stay alive. That's all I'm askin' you. Good night, Poppa.”
“Wrong is wrong, even when it helps you.”
“- Popeye: None of that baby talk around me son. Me son is gonna be a man infink, not a baby infink. Come to poppa, me little Swee'Pea. You're me little Swee'Pea.
- Olive Oyl: Swee'Pea? You're bats.
- Popeye: I found him in Sweethaven, that's why he is me Swee'Pea. I am calling him Swee'Pea and that is his name. Ain't that the truth?
- Olive Oyl:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Poopdeck Pappy: Is that any way to talk to your father?
- Popeye: You ain't my father. My father was tall and kind and looks like Abraham Lincoln.
- Poopdeck Pappy: Yeah, don't tell me what I am. Where are you going? I say I am your father.”
“- Popeye: You're just a landlubber, ain't you?
- Olive Oyl: Oh yeah? Well, I am a woman.
- Popeye: Oh yeah? Well, I am a mutter.”