“All of Me” quotes(1984)
Plot – Roger Cobb is a 40-year-old lawyer who’s not satisfied with his job: he dreams to become a business partner, but his boss always assigns him insignificant cases. Cobb lives alone with his dog and spends his spare time playing guitar in a group of friends. One day he is assigned a luxurious lawsuit. There is a millionaire, Edwina Cutwater, who’s ill and wants to do a particularly special will. Her heir will be Peggy Schuyler, the daughter of the stable hand who works in the villa. Edwina wishes to become Peggy because an Oriental guru - called Prahka - told her that her spirit will go into Peggy’s body. For a series of mistakes, the spirit of the woman goes into Cobb’s body, who has to face thousands of adventures in this situation, but he manages to be successful and becomes a business partner of the law office, marrying Edwina. Peggy is destined to become a horse that her father will take care of.
All actors – Steve Martin, Lily Tomlin, Victoria Tennant, Madolyn Smith Osborne, Richard Libertini, Dana Elcar, Jason Bernard, Selma Diamond, Eric Christmas, Gailard Sartain, Neva Patterson, Michael Ensignshow all
“All of Me” Quotes 19 quotes
“You're like an energy vampire. You suck the life out of people and take the fun out of being a lawyer.”
“I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry I ruined your birthday.”
“- Edwina Cutwater: I don't see why you're getting so upset about all this.
- Roger Cobb: Because I want my body back. And I want my freedom and my privacy. And most of all, I'd like to be able to take a leak without being fondled.”
“- Edwina Cutwater: Guess what I'm going to do?
- Roger Cobb: What?
- Edwina Cutwater: I'm going to come back from the dead.
- Roger Cobb: Aaahhhh. And what makes you think you can do that?
- Edwina Cutwater: Because I'm rich.”
“You bought me a grave-post for my 38th birthday?”
“- Peggy Schuyler: By the way, I never liked your dog. And I think jazz is stupid! And I faked all of those orgasms. Ah! Ah! Oh! Yes! Sound familiar?
- Roger Cobb: Yeah? Well I faked mine too!”
“- Edwina Cutwater: You know, you don't have to speak out loud. I can hear your thoughts.
- Roger Cobb: Great, just what I've always wanted.”
“- Edwina Cutwater: Hmm, we seem to have mutual control over our body.
- Roger Cobb: Our body? This is my body! I'm not sharing my body with anyone!”
“I got a lot of friends crazier than you. But none better.”
“I can't believe this. I can't even die right.”
“- Burton Schuyler: Are you strong enough to continue?
- Edwina Cutwater: What? Oh, I'm fine. Really. I'm fine. Tell them.
- Dr. Betty Ahrens: She could drop dead any minute...
- Edwina Cutwater: Don't mind her. She is only trying to make me feel good.”
“- Roger Cobb: What the hell are you doing in there?
- Edwina Cutwater: Oh God, don't you guys get enough laughs up there? What have I ever done to you?”
“- Terry Hoskins: Roger, what's wrong?
- Roger Cobb: What?
- Terry Hoskins: Don't I excite you?
- Roger Cobb: Edwina, what are you doing?
- Edwina Cutwater: I'm thinking of very old nuns.”
“I love it when you talk like a beer commercial.”
“- Peggy Schuyler: Roger, you go to court tomorrow, we're through.
- Roger Cobb: If I don't, your father will have my balls.
- Peggy Schuyler: Then it's either me or your balls. You can't have both.”
“- Roger Cobb: You'll have to do it.
- Edwina Cutwater: Do what?
- Roger Cobb: You know, take it out.
- Edwina Cutwater: Take what out?
- Roger Cobb: The little fireman.
- Edwina Cutwater: The little fireman?
- Roger Cobb: You know, my penis.”