“A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy” quotes(1982)
All actors – Woody Allen, Mia Farrow, José Ferrer, Julie Hagerty, Tony Roberts, Mary Steenburgen, Adam Redfield, Moishe Rosenfeld, Timothy Jenkins, Michael Higgins, Sol Frieder, Boris Zoubok, Thomas Barbour, Kate McGregor-Stewart, David Copeland, Tony Farentino, Caitlin O'Heaneyshow all
“A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy” Quotes 30 quotes
“- Adrian: I can't! It's disgusting!
- Andrew: How can it be disgusting? I don't even have my clothes off.”
“- Adrian: It was a perfect moon lite summer night. He put his hands on my breasts and my blood just started to boil and afterwards I've never been able to rid myself of the guilt.
- Andrew: You enjoyed it?
- Adrian: Definitely! It was hot!”
“Only a drunken, infantile idiot shoots himself over love, not an internist.”
“- Ariel: You said you believed in love at first sight.
- Maxwell: It's all in the smell. And you smell wonderful.”
“I wonder if geniuses have problems with their sex lives.”
“There are no ghost, except, in Shakespeare and any of those are more real than many people that I know.”
“- Andrew: You just lust after her, that's all. You're not in love with her. You want to sleep with her.
- Maxwell: How could anyone just want to sleep with such a dream? Not that I don't. She's hot! She's very hot.
- Andrew: I know.
- Maxwell: You know, the ones that are incredible in bed are ones that are raised in a convent.”
“- Andrew: You, I have to take to a hypnotist.
- Adrian: Why?
- Andrew: Why? So we can start making love again. Of course, you'd be in trance. But, that's okay!
- Adrian: That's a horrible thing to say.”
“If you lusted after me so, why weren't you also in love with me? Can the two feelings really be separate?”
“- Dulcy: I wouldn't mind learning chess.
- Leopold: I feel it would be tame for you.
- Dulcy: I like the way the stallions look.
- Leopold: They're called knights. That's a knight. Not a stallion.”
“- Maxwell: I believe in science and sex.
- Leopold: Not love?
- Maxwell: Yes. Love at first sight.
- Adrian: Can there be love without sex?”
“- Leopold: Have you ever made love with a much older man?
- Dulcy: Yes.
- Leopold: Illicitly? In the woods?
- Dulcy: Yes.
- Leopold: Was he a genius.
- Dulcy: He was a dentist.”
“Boy, time passes. Before you know it, a little hair falls out, a little noise becomes bothersome. I guess we're just - we change. We become different people.”
“Sex alleviates tension and love causes it.”
“- Ariel: How's your marriage?
- Andrew: My marriage is fine.
- Ariel: Ya?...
- Andrew: It's not working but it's fine.”
“- Maxwell: I never felt like this. The moment I smelled her I loved her.
- Andrew: Well, smell someone else. She's taken.”
“Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if we'd made love that night. That the moment was so perfect, you know. And people find out things about themselves through lovemaking that they never dreamed of.”
“You know, you're not too over-educated to get a punch in the nose.”
“- Dulcy: It's like swimming. It's a measured stroke. And remember, here's the key: when the sperm count is low, they won't listen to reason. But, when the sperm count is high, they'll do anything you want.
- Adrian: It sounds awfully clinical.
- Dulcy: We're just going over some basics. But, if you love the guy, it should all come together with...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Ariel: He taught me a lot...
- Andrew: Like what?
- Ariel: Like how to listen to Mozart.
- Andrew: With your ears, right?”
“He's a wonderful guy and a terrific doctor. Never lost a patient. Got a couple of them pregnant, but never lost one.”