“In the Line of Fire” quotes(1993)
Plot – From the day Kennedy died in Dallas, Frank Horrigan, a Secret Service agent of the United States, has never recovered. Today Horrigan is near to retirement but he's still looking after the security of the current US President. One day, an assassin shows up: the man calls himself Booth - as the murderer of Abraham Lincoln - and proves to know Horrigan's obsessions. A duel begins between the mysterious man and the agent.
All actors – Clint Eastwood, John Malkovich, Rene Russo, Dylan McDermott, Gary Cole, Fred Dalton Thompson, John Mahoney, Gregory Alan Williams, Jim Curley, Sally Hughes, Clyde Kusatsu, Steve Hytnershow all
“In the Line of Fire” Quotes 20 quotes
“- Mitch Leary: The irony is so thick you could choke on it.
- Frank Horrigan: There's no fucking irony, Mitch.
- Mitch Leary: Think, Frank. The same government that trained me to kill trained you to protect. Yet now you want to kill me while up on that roof I protected you. They're gonna write books about us, Frank.”
“Late at night, when the demons come, do you see the rifle coming out of that window, or do you see Kennedy's head being blown apart? If you'd reacted to that first shot, could you have gotten there in time to stop the big bullet? And if you had - that could've been your head being blown apart. Do you wish you'd succeeded, Frank? Or is life too...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lilly Raines: Do you make an effort to be obnoxious, or is it a gift?
- Frank Horrigan: It's a gift. Let's face it, half the things we do are window dressing. Take running alongside that limousine: it'd take an anti-tank missile to put a dent in that damn thing. There we are, out for show, trying to make the President look more presidential.”
“I wonder, Frank, did you kill me? Who won our game? Not that it really matters, for among friends like you and me, it's not whether you win or lose but how you play the game, and now the game is done it's time to get on with your life.”
“- Lilly Raines: I'd say that was safeguarding his dignity.
- Frank Horrigan: That was different. He was different.
- Lilly Raines: Maybe you were different.
- Frank Horrigan: I was different. The whole damn country was different. Everything would be different right now too if I'd been half as a paranoid as I am today.”
“- Mitch Leary: Do you have any idea what I've done for God and country? Some pretty fucking horrible things! I don't even remember who I was before they sunk their claws into me!
- Frank Horrigan: They made you into a real monster, right?
- Mitch Leary: That's right. And now they want to destroy me because we can't have monsters roaming the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“That was a beautiful day. The sun was out, been raining all morning, the air was... first shot, sounded like a firecracker. I looked over, I saw him, I could tell he was hit. I don't know why I didn't react. I should have reacted. I should have been running flat out. I just couldn't believe it. If only I'd reacted, I could have taken that shot....” (continue)(continue reading)
“You're looking at a living legend, Lilly. The only active agent who ever lost a president.”