Democracy quotes46 democracy quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“In this system, our system, the slaves are unaware, both of their status and of their masters, who exist in a world apart, and where the shackles are hidden amidst reams of unreachable legalese. It is a result of massive, pervasive corruption of the legalprofession. When it takes a whistle blower to sound the alarm, it is cause for even greater...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Carter: This ain't no democracy.
- Lee: Yes, it is.
- Carter: No, it ain't. This is the United States of James Carter. I'm the president, I'm the emperor, I'm the king. I'm Michael Jackson, you Tito. Your ass belongs to me.”
“Democracy is so overrated.”
“We don’t need politicians, we’ve all got iPhones and computers, right? So any decision that has to be made, any policy, we just put it online. Let the people vote–thumbs up, thumbs down, the majority wins. That’s a democracy. That’s a–that’s an actual democracy.”
“- Dr. Grace Hart: I could never live in a country with an unelected ruler, like the Queen.
- Watson: [scoffs] Whyever not?
- Dr. Grace Hart: In America we have democracy. Our president is a person our people have all chosen, an assurance that only the finest and most qualified man will lead, not a wealthy tyrant who cares for nothing but...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Democracy can be a wickedly unfair thing, Sabrina. Nobody poor was ever called democratic for marrying somebody rich.”
“In a democracy, we do not shoot unarmed suspects on sight for a murder in which their participation is still unproven.”
“It is my job to uphold the law and to protect democracy in this city.”
“The public library is the last bastion of democracy that we have in this country!”
“All we've done is show the world that democracy isn't chaos. That there is a great, invisible strength in a people's union.”
“- Black cop: You can't help but admire those young brothers, they do alot of good in their communities.
- Pruitt: You ever hear about the common good, the United States of America is more than a simple collection of ghettoes, this country was built on Capitalism and Democracy. And in a Democracy the Majority rules, we are a Minority unless we...” (continue)(continue reading)
“We are not the members of a democracy, Father. We are the members of an order.”
“- Julien: Whatever happened to the separation of the classes?
- Maurice: I'm sure this whole democracy thing is just a fad.”
“We are in a democratic society. It's our job to question.”
“You wanna fuck with our democracy, undermine our way of life? Every American believes their vote counts. You wanna tell them that's not true?”
“- Ricky Bobby: You're in America, okay? Greatest country on the planet.
- Jean Girard: Well, what have you given the world apart from George Bush, Cheerios, and the ThighMaster?
- Ricky Bobby: Chinese food?
- Cal Naughton Jr.: Chinese food.
- Jean Girard: That's from China.
- Ricky Bobby: Pizza.
- Jean Girard: Italy.
- Cal Naughton Jr.:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“What's the good of talking to you? You can't even begin to understand democracy.”
“This year we explored the failure of democracy. How our social scientists brought our world to the brink of chaos. We talked about the veterans, how they took control and established the stability that has lasted for generations since. You know these facts, but have I taught you anything of value this year?”
“- Jim McAllister: Let's say all you ever knew were apples. Apples, apples, and more apples. You might think apples were pretty good, even if you got a rotten one every once in a while. But then one day... there's an orange. And now you can make a decision, do you want an apple or do you want an orange? That's democracy.
- Paul Metzler: I also...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Perception of legitimacy is more important than legitimacy itself. That's the greater truth.”