“Absolute Power” quotes(1997)
Plot – Luther Whitney is a professional theft who plans the last big blow to end his career. He enters a house but he cannot imagine the owners are still inside. They are waiting indeed a visit of the President of the United States, whose guards kill involuntary the wife of the owner. Luther witnesses the murder, which is covered up, and the police start chasing him.
All actors – Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Ed Harris, Laura Linney, Scott Glenn, Dennis Haysbert, Judy Davis, E.G. Marshall, Melora Hardin, Kenneth Welsh, Penny Johnson Jerald, Richard Jenkinsshow all
“Absolute Power” Quotes 20 quotes
“- Michael McCarty: You are a salesman, sir.
- Walter Sullivan: Selling sin is easy.”
“I've got to go have my pacemaker checked, it has been so exciting talking to you.”
“For eighty years, I've tried to live... a decent life. I've given a billion dollars to charity. If this comes to trial... none of that will be remembered. I'll just go out... the joke of the world.”
“Do you know what it's like to be the only kid in the first grade who got to talk about visiting day?”
“- Luther Whitney: I'm the man who robbed you. And you're the man who tried to kill me.
- Walter Sullivan: I'm sorry I've missed. I belive in the Old Testament, sir. There's nothing wrong for an eye for an eye for a terrible deed is been done, the deed such as yours.”
“I'd been married to my Rebecca for forty-seven years. When she died, I decided I never wanted that pain again. One thing I knew about Christy, she was going to outlive me.”
“- Bartender Red: Your life could be a whole lot simpler if you could learn to operate a VCR.
- Luther Whitney: Truer words were never spoken.”
“- Luther Whitney: You're the only family I have.
- Kate Whitney: Luther, you don't have me.”
“When you're alone at night and your rage takes over and you want to revenge her, what face do you put with your enemy?”
“Remember, tomorrow is promised to no one.”
“- Kate Whitney: Why should I believe you?
- Luther Whitney: Because I swear to you, Kate. I swear to you on Mattie's grave. Yeah, that's right. Your mother's grave, I'd kill myself before I lied about that.”
“You go to the police! That's what innocent people do. They go to the police.”