“The Rock” quotes(1996)
Michael Bay directed this movie in 1996
Title The Rock
Director Michael Bay
Genre Thriller, Adventure, Action
Director Michael Bay
Genre Thriller, Adventure, Action
Plot – The trip of a group of visitors in the ex-prison of Alcatraz turns into a nightmare when they are captured and held hostage by an organization of "rebel" officers of the Marines. The goal of the soldiers is noble: they want the U.S. government to refund the families of the soldiers killed in battle and vilely forgotten by the state. An expert FBI chemist has to neutralize them, but there is only one person who can enter the fortress: the only one who has ever managed to escape from it.
All actors – Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, Ed Harris, John Spencer, David Morse, William Forsythe, Michael Biehn, Vanessa Marcil, John C. McGinley, Gregory Sporleder, Tony Todd, Bokeem Woodbine, Jim Maniaci, Greg Collins, Brendan Kelly, Steve Harris, Danny Nucci, Claire Forlani, Celeste Weaver, Todd Louiso, David Bowe, Raquel Krelle, Dennis Chalker, Marshall R. Teague, Duffy Gaver, Steve Decker, Joseph Hawes, Mike Mahrer, Carlos Sandoval, Rick Toms, Billy Devlin, Jack Yates, Juan A. Riojas, Joseph Patrick Kelly, Ingo Neuhaus, John Laughlin, Harry Humphries, Howard Platt, Willie Garson, John Nathan, Robert M. Anselmo, Jack Ford, Thomas J. Hageboeck, Dwight Hicks, Ralph Peduto, Anthony Clark, Andy Ryan, Hans Georg Struhar, Robert C. Besgrove, Sean Skelton, Raymond O'Connor, Jane Sanguinetti, Luenell, John W. Love Jr., Sam Whipple, Tom Towles, Ronald Simmons, Robert Ben Rajab, Leonard McMahan, Anthony Guidera, Jim Caviezel, John Enos III, Ken Kells, Fred Salvallon, Buck Kartalian, , Stanley Anderson, Xander Berkeley, Richard Conti, Raymond Cruz, Ric Drasin, David Marshall Grant, Matt Gulbranson, Philip Baker Hall, Michael Rose, Theodore Carl Soderberg, Jeronimo Spinx, Ezra Stanley, Erick Vinther, Kevin Weisman, Stuart Wilsonshow all
“The Rock” Quotes 33 quotes
“- F.B.I. Director Womack: What do you know about V.X. gas?
- Stanley Goodspeed: Liquid; failed pesticide; discovered by mistake in 1952. Uhh, actually, it's kind of like champagne that way. The Franciscan monks thought they were making white wine. Somehow the bottle carbonated. Voila, champagne, and uhh, then the whole thing...
- F.B.I. Director...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm one of those fortunate people who like my job, sir. Got my first chemistry set when I was seven, blew my eyebrows off, we never saw the cat again, been into it ever since.”
“- Ernest Paxton: Mr. Mason, I'm Special Agent-in-Charge Ernest Paxton.
- John Patrick Mason: In charge of what? Fucking me over for another three decades?
- Ernest Paxton: I don't know anything about your previous matters. We've brought you here because there's a situation that we think you can help us with.
- John Patrick Mason: And what might...” (continue)(continue reading)
- Chief of Staff Hayden Sinclair: Three tours in Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, Desert Storm; three Purple Hearts, two Silver Stars and the Congressional Medal of - Jesus. This man is a hero.
- General Al Kramer: Well, I think "legend" might be a better description, Mr. Sinclair.
- Chief of Staff Hayden Sinclair: Well, now we can add kidnapping and... (continue)(continue reading)
“You know... you're almost the only evidence that I exist.”
“- Captain Darrow: Excuse me, General... but what about the fucking money?
- General Francis X. Hummel: There is no fucking money. The mission's over.
- Captain Frye: Bullshit it's over!
- Major Tom Baxter: You're talking to a General, soldier! Maintain discipline.
- Captain Darrow: I'm not a soldier, Major. The day we took hostages, we became...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- John Patrick Mason: All I know is that you were big in Vietnam, I saw the highlights on television.
- General Francis X. Hummel: Then you probably have no idea what it means to lead some of the finest men on God's earth into combat and then watch their memories get betrayed by their own fucking government.”
“Thank you very fucking much Mr. Mason, you've led us into a room with no exit.”
“I love pressure. I eat it for breakfast.”
“Look, I'm just a biochemist. Most of the time, I work in a little glass jar and lead a very uneventful life. I drive a Volvo, a beige one. But what I'm dealing with here is one of the most deadly substances the Earth has ever known, so what say you cut me some friggin' slack?”
“- Carla Pestalozzi: You didn't mean what you just said, did you?
- Stanley Goodspeed: When?
- Carla Pestalozzi: Just right now, when you were talking about bringing a child into the world, and having it be an act of cruelty.”
“- Stanley Goodspeed: How do you... do it?
- John Patrick Mason: I was trained by the best. British intelligence. But in retrospect I would rather have been a poet. Or a farmer.
- Stanley Goodspeed: Okay.”
“This isn't about terrorism, it's about justice. It's about reminding you people of something you find politically convenient to forget.”
“The men of Marine Force recon are selected to carry out illegal operations throughout the world. When they don't come home, their families are told fairy tales about what happened to them... and denied compensation. Well, I have choked on these lies my entire career. Well here and now the lies stop!”
“- General Francis X. Hummel: Major Anderson, if you have any concern for the lives of your men, you will order them to safety their weapons and place them on the deck.
- Ernest Paxton: This is not happening...
- Commander Anderson: Sir, we know why you're out here. God knows, I agree with you. But like you, I swore to defend this country against...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Major Tom Baxter: I thought you weren't ready to kill.
- General Francis X. Hummel: I'm warmin' up.”