Billy Crudup quotes
“My limits are limitless.”
“- Sarah Williams: So few people get what they want. And the ones they do aren't really the lucky ones anyway.
- Fielding Pierce: They're not? Who are?
- Sarah Williams: The ones that do what they are meant to.”
“- The Journalist: Most writers want to be famous.
- Jackie Kennedy: You want to be famous?
- The Journalist: No, I'm fine as I am.
- Jackie Kennedy: You should prepare yourself, this article will bring you a great deal of attention.
- The Journalist: Ah. In that case, any advice for me?
- Jackie Kennedy: Yes. Don't marry the president.”
“I didn't mean it when I compared you to our waitress. I was only trying to hurt you. I could've been meaner about your looks, and what I would've said would have made you cry.”
“The existence of life is a highly overrated phenomenon.”
“You left your mark on this country, Mrs. Kennedy. These past few days, that the story. Losing a president is like... It's like losing a father. And you were a mother to all of us, and that's a very good story.”
“- San: Ashitaka, you mean so much to me, but I can't forgive the humans for what they've done.
- Ashitaka: I understand. You'll live in the forest, and I'll help rebuild Irontown.”
“It's the hardest thing in the world to believe in something, if you do it's a miracle.”
“- Sacha Pfeiffer: We understand you settled several cases against the church.
- Eric Macleish: I can't discuss that.
- Sacha Pfeiffer: Are there any records of any of these settlements?
- Eric Macleish: No.”
“- Laurie Jupiter: The most powerful thing in the universe... still just a puppet.
- Jon Osterman: We are all puppets.”
“This is what hatred looks like! This is what it does when it catches hold of you! It's eating me alive, and very soon it will kill me! Fear and anger only make it grow faster!”
“I'd like to work it out so that at the end, it's a pure guts race. If it is, I'm the only one who can win it.”
“Okay, uh, before we can, uh... work effectively with one another, I think we should be comfortable. So, ten minutes, okay? Then - then work. Okay? Go. Okay, I'll start. Uh, I hate my mother. I hate my goddamn dead father more. Rudy was the only friend I ever had. I had a girlfriend once who I used to like to masturbate to more than have sex...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Laurie Jupiter: Everyone will die!
- Jon Osterman: And the universe will not even notice.”
“I don't think actors should have to do anything but come in and act.”
“I've killed people in plays, but no one asks me what it's like to kill people.”