Chiwetel Ejiofor quotes
“In England, there's no acknowledgement the invention of slavery came from Britain.”
“- Scar: Sarabi why put yourself through this, all you have to do is be my queen. Your suffering from what a memory of a life you once knew, a king you once loved. I tried to make you understand what a true king can be.
- Sarabi: Scar, a true kings power is his compassion.
- Scar: I am ten times the king Mufasa was!
- Sarabi: You are nothing...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Life's - not fair - is it, my little friend? While some are born to feast - others spend their lives in the dark... begging for scraps. The way I see it, you and I are exactly the same, we both want to find a way out.”
“- Ann Burden: Really mean something that you're thinking long term for us? I want things to be good between us.
- John Loomis: That's okay because we've got time.”
“- Vincent Kapoor: Mark, please watch your language. Everything you type is being broadcast live all over the world.
- Mark Watney: Yeah?”
“- The Operative: I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
- Mal: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?”
“I will not fall into despair! I will keep myself hardy until freedom is opportune!”
“- Jess: Ray, what is it?
- Ray: It's Carolyn. It's your daughter.
- Jess: What?!”
“- DetectiveBill Mitchell: You see, there's just you and one other woman that fit the physical description of the female suspect.
- Stevie: What's that?
- DetectiveBill Mitchell: It's your height, your age, and... um...
- Detective Keith Frazier: Your cup size.
- Stevie: So, I violated section 34 Double-D? That's what you're telling me?”
“I apologize for my appearance. But I have had a difficult time these past several years.”
“- Jess: Life Sentence.
- Ray Kasten: For you as well.”
“- John Loomis: Why are you doing the work by hand? You can't drive this?
- Ann Burden: It ran out of gas. Pumps don't run without electricity.
- John Loomis: No, you can get it to work manually.”
“I don't want to survive. I want to live.”
“- The Operative: Do you know what your sin is, Doctor?
- Dr. Mathias: I wonder if...
- The Operative: It's pride.”
“I like to disappear into a role.”
“You do as much research as you can for any project.”
“- The Operative: You're fighting a war you've already lost.
- Mal: Yeah, well, I'm known for that.”
“- The Operative: You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords.
- Dr. Mathias: Well, unfortunately, I forgot to bring a sword.”