Unemployment quotes48 unemployment quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed.”
“- Natalie: Is this how you normally get to work?
- Donny: Um, if I had a job, yeah.
- Natalie: ...Are you gonna get a job?”
“- Sue O'Malley: What are you majoring in?
- Joel: Russian literature and Slavic languages.
- Sue O'Malley: Oh wow, that's pretty interesting. What career track is that?
- Joel: Cabby, hot dog vendor, marijuana delivery guy. The world is my oyster.”
“That's the problem with your generation. You guys sat around with your vintage T-shirts and your participation medal, and you never did anything.”
“I've called everybody I know and a lot of people I don't, and begged, fucking begged for a job, a lead, anything!”
“- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: Do you know who I am?
- Tom Horn: No.
- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: What you were in the Southwest, I was in the Northwest.
- Tom Horn: I was mostly out of work.”
“No work, no hope for work, like every day's Sunday.”
“If you don't get married I'm going to fire the both of you.”
“- Ryan Bingham: Natalie, what is it you think we do here?
- Natalie Keener: We prepare the newly unemployed for the emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting, while minimizing legal blow-back.
- Ryan Bingham: That's what we're selling. It's not what we're doing. We are here to make limbo tolerable, to ferry wounded souls across the river of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Colonel Brandon: What can I do?
- Elinor Dashwood: Colonel, you have done so much already...
- Colonel Brandon: Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad.”
“Two weeks is too long to not know what my next job will be.”
“As an actor, we're unemployed a lot, so I'm familiar with the stress of trying to get a gig.”
“I think I understand unemployment in Germany much better now. People just can't afford to work here.”
“Things won't be great again. I've been looking for months and I haven't had one job offer, not one.”
“We are offering an alternative lifestyle for young people seeking inner peace through meditation... prayer... and forfeiture of all worldly possessions. Perhaps you and the rest of your staff might be interested in joining our church. You may find yourselves seeking a new direction in life, now that you will be... unemployed. Good day!”