Unemployment quotes51 unemployment quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed.”
“Art doesn't feed me or fill the void when I am not working. If I haven't worked for six months, I can't paint.”
“- Natalie: Is this how you normally get to work?
- Donny: Um, if I had a job, yeah.
- Natalie: ...Are you gonna get a job?”
“- Sue O'Malley: What are you majoring in?
- Joel: Russian literature and Slavic languages.
- Sue O'Malley: Oh wow, that's pretty interesting. What career track is that?
- Joel: Cabby, hot dog vendor, marijuana delivery guy. The world is my oyster.”
“That's the problem with your generation. You guys sat around with your vintage T-shirts and your participation medal, and you never did anything.”
“I've called everybody I know and a lot of people I don't, and begged, fucking begged for a job, a lead, anything!”
“- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: Do you know who I am?
- Tom Horn: No.
- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: What you were in the Southwest, I was in the Northwest.
- Tom Horn: I was mostly out of work.”
“No work, no hope for work, like every day's Sunday.”
“If you don't get married I'm going to fire the both of you.”
“- Ryan Bingham: Natalie, what is it you think we do here?
- Natalie Keener: We prepare the newly unemployed for the emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting, while minimizing legal blow-back.
- Ryan Bingham: That's what we're selling. It's not what we're doing. We are here to make limbo tolerable, to ferry wounded souls across the river of...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Colonel Brandon: What can I do?
- Elinor Dashwood: Colonel, you have done so much already...
- Colonel Brandon: Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad.”
“Two weeks is too long to not know what my next job will be.”
“As an actor, we're unemployed a lot, so I'm familiar with the stress of trying to get a gig.”
“In the past, if I didn't work, I didn't eat but now I feel I can not work and I won't starve.”
“I think I understand unemployment in Germany much better now. People just can't afford to work here.”
“Things won't be great again. I've been looking for months and I haven't had one job offer, not one.”