Unemployment quotes51 unemployment quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“I'm a philosophy major. That means I can think deep thoughts about being unemployed.”
- From the movie: The Court Jester
“A jester unemployed is nobody's fool.”
- From the movie: Devil in a Blue Dress
“The newspapers was goin' on and on about the city elections, like they was really gonna change somebody's life. But my life had already changed when I lost my job three weeks before.”
“Art doesn't feed me or fill the void when I am not working. If I haven't worked for six months, I can't paint.”
- From the movie: An American in Paris
“I'm a concert pianist. That's a pretentious way of saying I'm... unemployed at the moment.”
- From the movie: Isn't It Romantic
“- Natalie: Is this how you normally get to work?
- Donny: Um, if I had a job, yeah.
- Natalie: ...Are you gonna get a job?”
- From the movie: Adventureland
“- Sue O'Malley: What are you majoring in?
- Joel: Russian literature and Slavic languages.
- Sue O'Malley: Oh wow, that's pretty interesting. What career track is that?
- Joel: Cabby, hot dog vendor, marijuana delivery guy. The world is my oyster.”
- From the movie: Runner Runner
“That's the problem with your generation. You guys sat around with your vintage T-shirts and your participation medal, and you never did anything.”
- From the movie: The Company Men
“I've called everybody I know and a lot of people I don't, and begged, fucking begged for a job, a lead, anything!”
- From the movie: Despicable Me 3
“Hello, Gru. How's your transition coming? You know, from world's worst villain to world's worst agent.”
- From the movie: Tom Horn
“- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: Do you know who I am?
- Tom Horn: No.
- U.S. Marshal Joe Belle: What you were in the Southwest, I was in the Northwest.
- Tom Horn: I was mostly out of work.”
- From the movie: Sunday
“No work, no hope for work, like every day's Sunday.”
- From the movie: American Madness
“If you don't get married I'm going to fire the both of you.”
- From the movie: Up in the Air
“- Ryan Bingham: Natalie, what is it you think we do here?
- Natalie Keener: We prepare the newly unemployed for the emotional and physical hurdles of job hunting, while minimizing legal blow-back.
- Ryan Bingham: That's what we're selling. It's not what we're doing. We are here to make limbo tolerable, to ferry wounded souls across the river of...” (continue)(continue reading)
- From the movie: The Company Men
“You want honesty? I'm a thirty-seven-year-old unemployed fuck-up who can't even support his family!”
- From the movie: Sense and Sensibility
“- Colonel Brandon: What can I do?
- Elinor Dashwood: Colonel, you have done so much already...
- Colonel Brandon: Give me an occupation, Miss Dashwood, or I shall run mad.”
“Two weeks is too long to not know what my next job will be.”
“As an actor, we're unemployed a lot, so I'm familiar with the stress of trying to get a gig.”
“The reason I am unemployed for six months out of every year is because I have to turn down most of the films I'm offered.”
- La trovi in Money and Actors
“In the past, if I didn't work, I didn't eat but now I feel I can not work and I won't starve.”
- From the movie: Europa
“I think I understand unemployment in Germany much better now. People just can't afford to work here.”
- From the movie: Father of the Bride
“- Annie Banks: He's an independentcommunications consultant.
- George Banks: Independent?
- Annie Banks: Yes.
- George Banks: That's code for unemployed!”
- From the movie: Everybody's All-American
- From the movie: Jobs
- From the movie: In Good Company