“An American Tail” quotes(1986)
Plot – In 1885 the cute Mousekewitz family, formed by some Muscovite mice, emigrated to America to be free from Cossacks and cats. Despite a storm in the Atlantic ocean, the ship arrived to New York, but Fievel, the littlest Mousekewitz, fell into the sea. Slipped inside a bottle, he landed to America too, right in the construction yard where Bartholdi was erecting the Statue of Liberty. Comforted by Henri, a whimsical pigeon, Fievel began a frantic search of his family. During his travels, the small immigrant bumped into a bunch of huge and voracious evil cats, but one of them was vegetarian and became his friend. Fievel finally found his family alongside the inauguration of the Statue of Liberty.
All actors – Erica Yohn, Nehemiah Persoff, Amy Green, Phillip Glasser, Christopher Plummer, John Finnegan, Will Ryan, Hal Smith, Pat Musick, Cathianne Blore, Neil Ross, Madeline Kahn, Dom DeLuise, T. Daniel Hofstedt, James Ingram, Dan Kuenster, Linda Ronstadtshow all
“An American Tail” Quotes 16 quotes
“This is America, the place to find hope. If you give up now, you will never find them. So never say never.”
“- Papa Mousekewitz: For you, Fievel, a new hat. And not just any new hat. A new hat that has been in the family for three generations. It belonged to me, my father, and my father's father, and now it belongs to you. Happy Hannukah.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: It's too big.
- Papa Mousekewitz: You'll grow.”
“- Mama Mousekewitz: My little boy, back from the dead. America, what a place.
- Papa Mousekewitz: My Fievel. I thought I would never see you again.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: Never say never, Papa.”
“- Papa Mousekewitz: Mr. Curious, you've discovered the herring.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: Herring? I thought they were fish.
- Papa Mousekewitz: But Fievel, herring are fish.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: Really, Papa?
- Papa Mousekewitz: Yes! In the ocean, there are many kinds of fish, and herring is one of them. Tiny fishes, not so tiny fishes, fishes as...” (continue) (continue reading)
“Release the secret weapon!”
“I'm your guard, Tiger. Don't make any sudden moves, 'cause I'm crafty and I'm quick. I've got the instints of a cat. What am I saying? I am a cat.”
“You're right! They don't care, and if they did, they would have found me! Well, if they don't care, I don't care! I hope I never see them again!”
“As you know, I have dedicated my life to helping those who are less fortunate than myself... that's everyone. And now, I need you to help me.”
“We'll be alright. As long as we're together, we'll be alright.”
- Henri: Are you ready to go find your family?
- Fievel Mousekewitz: Yes!
- Henri: Chantal! Take my little friend to Immigration. You will find your family there. Everyone goes through Immigration. I would take you there myself, but then I would never finish my statue.
- Fievel Mousekewitz: Henri, you said "never"!
- Henri: Oh, so I did!
“- Warren T. Rat: Tiger, how did he get away?
- Tiger: He overpowered me.
- Warren T. Rat: You're fired.
- Tiger: Good. I never liked you. And besides, your music stinks.”
“You lost your family? Oh, dear. That's terrible. I lost my family, too. Years ago, I mean... eight brothers. Ten sisters. Three fathers.”
“- Mama Mousekewitz: It's the end of the world.
- Papa Mousekewitz: No, it's worse.”