Plot – In 1607, a group of British adventurers, including a man called John Smith, arrives in the New World. In Virginia, a Native American girl, called Pocahontas, daughter of Chief Powhatan, is engaged to Kakoum, a brave warrior. The relationships between the British settlers and the Native Americans become tenser and they could turn into a fight. Pocahontas and John Smith’s love story will save the peace between British people and the Native Americans, even though they have to face each other’s cultures.
All actors – Irene Bedard, Judy Kuhn, Mel Gibson, David Ogden Stiers, John Kassir, Russell Means, Christian Bale, Linda Hunt, Danny Mann, Billy Connolly, Joe Baker, Frank Welker, Michelle St. John, James Apaumut Fall, Gordon Tootoosis, Lesa Wakwashbosha Green, Rebecca 'Dasse Manitsa' Hawkins, Gayle Melassa Pope, Stephen Snow Owl Bunch, Ginny Ah'Chantooni Frazier, Richard A. Bercot, Jim Cummingsshow all
“Pocahontas” Quotes 29 quotes
“- John Smith: My men are planning to attack your people. You've got to warn them.
- Pocahontas: Maybe it's not to late to stop this, you have to come with me and talk to my father.
- John Smith: Pocahontas, talking isn't going to do any good. I already tried talking to my men, but everything about this land has been spooked.”
“- Governor Ratcliffe: Wiggins, why do you think those insolent heathens attacked us?
- Wiggins: Because we invaded their land and cut down their trees and dug up their earth?
- Governor Ratcliffe: It's the gold! They have it and they don't want us to take it from them. Well, I'll just have to take it by force then, won't I?”
“Don't lose your heart, men. It won't be long before we reach the New World. And remember what awaits us there. Freedom. Prosperity. The adventure of our lives. You're the finest crew England has to offer and nothing, not wind nor a thousand bloody savages shall stand in our way. Carry on, men!”
“- Governor Ratcliffe: It's time to start digging.
- Ben: Digging?
- Governor Ratcliffe: Why, of course. Let's not forget what the Spanish found when they came to the New World. Gold! Mountains of it. Why, for years they've been ravaging the New World of its most precious resources. But now it's our turn.”
“- Powhatan: This is what we feared. The paleface is a demon, the only thing they feel at all is greed.
- Kekata: Beneath that milky hide, there's emptiness inside.”
“- Nakoma: If you go out there, you'll be turning your back on your own people.
- Pocahontas: I'm trying to help my people.
- Nakoma: Pocahontas, please. You're my best friend. I don't want you to get hurt.
- Pocahontas: I won't. I know what I'm doing.”
“If I never knew you, if I never felt this love I would have no inking of how precious life can be. And if I never held you I would never have a clue how at last I'd find in you the missing part of me. In this world so full of fear, full of rage and lies, I can see the truth so clear in your eyes. So dry your eyes, and I'm so grateful to you. I'd...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A man's not a man unless he knows how to shoot.”
“- Lon: This place gives me the creeps. Savages could be hiding anywhere.
- Ben: Aye, well if you spot one, don't ask questions, just shoot.”
“Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.”
“- Pocahontas: Say something.
- John Smith: What do you say to a tree?
- Pocahontas: Anything you want.”
“- Pocahontas: If you kill him, you'll have to kill me, too.
- Powhatan: Daughter, stand back.
- Pocahontas: I won't! I love him, Father. Look around you. This is where the path of hatred has brought us. This is the path I choose, Father. What will yours be?”
“- Pocahontas: It would've been better if we never met. None of this would've happened.
- John Smith: Pocahontas, look at me. I'd rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.”