“The Hunchback of Notre Dame” quotes(1996)
Plot – The crippled bell-ringer Quasimodo is confined among the spires of Notre Dame Cathedral's bell tower. Twenty years earlier, judge Frollo killed Quasimodo's mother: he was obsessed by the idea of getting rid of the gypsies from the city abd as punishment for his acts, he had been obliged to take care of the boy. Since then, Quasimodo has been living locked up in the bell tower under his guardian’s oppressive supervision, dreaming of joining the people in the square. One day, during the Fools Festival, Quasimodo finds the courage to leave his hiding place and in the square he meets Esmeralda, the woman who will change his life. Intriguing and romantic, the movie is an elegant mix of horror, comedy and strong emotions, written without interruptions and mushiness. Brilliant the idea to animate the three gargoyles adorning the cathedral and to make them Quasimodo's fellow comedians.
All actors – Jason Alexander, Mary Kay Bergman, Corey Burton, Bill Fagerbakke, Tom Hulce, Tony Jay, Paul Kandel, Charles Kimbrough, Kevin Kline, Heidi Mollenhauer, Demi Moore, Patrick Pinney, Gary Trousdale, Jim Cummings, David Ogden Stiers, Frank Welker, Mary Wickes, Jane Withers, Jack Angel, Joan Barber, Scott Barnes, Bob Bergen, Susan Blu, Maureen Brennan, Rodger Bumpass, Victoria Clark, Philip L. Clarke, Jennifer Darling, Debi Derryberry, Jonathan Dokuchitz, Bill Farmer, Laurie Faso, Merwin Foard, Dana Hill, Judy Kaye, Eddie Korbich, Alix Korey, Michael Lindsay, Sherry Lynn, Mona Marshall, Howard McGillin, Mickie McGowan, Anna McNeely, Bruce Moore, Denise Pickering, Phil Proctor, Jan Rabson, Peter Samuel, Kath Soucie, Gordon Stanley, Mary Stout, Marcelo Tubertshow all
“The Hunchback of Notre Dame” Quotes 27 quotes
I appreciate what you're all trying to do, but let's not fool ourselves. "Ugliest face in all of Paris", remember? I don't think I'm her type.
“Candlelight, privacy, music. Can't think of a better place for hand-to-hand combat.”
“- Hugo: You're human, with the flesh, and the hair, and the navel lint. We're just part of the architecture. Right, Victor?
- Victor: Yet, if you kick us, do we not flake? If you moisten us, do we not grow moss?”
“- Hugo: Give her some slack, then reel her in. Then give her some slack...
- Laverne: Knock it off, Hugo. She's a girl, not a mackerel.”
“- Frollo: Dear boy, whomever are you talking to?
- Quasimodo: My... friends.
- Frollo: I see... And what are your friends made of, Quasimodo?
- Quasimodo: Stone.
- Frollo: Can stone talk?
- Quasimodo: No, it can't.
- Frollo: That's right. You're a smart lad.”
“- Frollo: Shall we review your alphabet today?
- Quasimodo: Oh, yes, Master. I would like that very much.
- Frollo: Very well. A?
- Quasimodo: Abomination.
- Frollo: B?
- Quasimodo: Blasphemy?
- Frollo: C?
- Quasimodo: C-C-Contrition.
- Frollo: D?
- Quasimodo: Damnation?
- Frollo: E?
- Quasimodo: Eternal damnation.
- Frollo: Good. F?
- Quasimodo...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Life's not a spectator sport. If watchin' is all you're gonna do, then you're gonna watch your life go by without ya.”
“I should have known you would risk your life to save that Gypsy witch, just as your own mother died trying to save you.”
“- Victor: Perhaps he's sick.
- Laverne: Impossible. If twenty years of listening to you two hasn't made him sick by now, nothing will.”
“- Phoebus: Good morning, sir. Are you feeling all right?
- Frollo: I had a little trouble with the fireplace.”
“- Frollo: My conscience is clear.
- Archdeacon: You can lie to yourself and your minions, you can claim that you haven't a qualm, but you never can run from nor hide what you've done from the eyes!”
- Frollo: The Gypsies live outside the normal order. Their heathen ways inflame the people's lowest instincts. And they must be stopped.
- Phoebus: I was summoned from the wars to capture fortune-tellers and palm readers?
- Frollo: Ah, the real war, Captain, is what you see before you. For twenty years I have been "taking care" of the Gypsies...
“- Frollo: The sentence for insubordination is death. Such a pity. You threw away a promising career.
- Phoebus: Consider it my highest honor, sir.”
“- Laverne: Take it from us, Quasi. You've got nothing to worry about.
- Hugo: Yeah, you're irresistible!
- Victor: Knights-in-shining-armor certainly aren't her type.
- Hugo: And those guys are a dime a dozen, but you - you're one of a kind.”