“After the Thin Man” quotes(1936)
Plot – Nora is a girl from a wealthy family. When she marries Nick, an amateur detective, her family thinks it's a scandal. The woman is very interested in her husband's job and Nora's family asks the detective some help because Nora's cousin's husband has disappeared. The man got married only because of his wife's family's money. When he is found dead, every member of the family is suspected.
All actors – William Powell, Myrna Loy, James Stewart, Elissa Landi, Joseph Calleia, Jessie Ralph, Alan Marshal, Teddy Hart, Sam Levene, Penny Singleton, William Law, George Zuccoshow all
“After the Thin Man” Quotes 15 quotes
“I've got six bullets in this gun. One for her, one for myself. One for myself, and the rest for anyone who tries to stop me.”
“- Nora Charles: I'm going to lock the door, plug the bell, cut the telephone and crawl into bed for a month!
- Nick Charles: Oh, Nora, you're my favorite woman.”
“- Nick Charles: Who was that?
- Nora Charles: Oh, you wouldn't know them, darling. They're respectable.”
“- Nick Charles: Did I ever tell you that you're the most fascinating woman this side of the Rockies?
- Nora Charles: Wait till you see me on the other side.”
- Nick Charles: You see, when it comes to words like that, an illiterate person...
- Polly Byrnes: What do you mean "illiterate"? My father and mother were married right here in the city hall!
“- Nora Charles: It will be like old times - when we were all engaged.
- Nick Charles: Yes, before we made any mistakes.”
“Let's get something to eat. I'm thirsty.”
“I love to watch you sleep. You look so cute.”
“- Henry the Butler: Walk this way, Sir.
- Nick Charles: Well, I'll try.”