Singing quotes152 singing quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Can't nobody sang like Eddie King Jr!”
“People who can dance and sing are often very good at comedy.”
“You boys stop fighting and listen to me sing!”
“- Sharpay Evans: What do you mean you're not doing the show?
- Troy Bolton: Exactly that.
- Sharpay Evans: We're singing a duet, Troy! A duet means two people! Well mostly me in this case but whatever! Duet!”
“- Jack Bolton: You're the playmaker... not a singer... right?
- Troy Bolton: Did you ever think that maybe I could be both?”
“- Hunk Houghton: You know, I got a spot for you in the show. I'll teach you a new tune.
- Vince Everett: I don't know. What's the percentage in singing for a bunch of cons?
- Hunk Houghton: Experience, you lunkhead! That's the percentage.”
“Now look lady, you may have heard a lot of singers but you ain't heard nothin' sung till you've heard me sung it.”
“- Young Celeste: I'll nail that, then we can get started on Body Talk.
- Music director: I'm sorry, what section is that?
- Young Celeste: It's the next track.”
“- Charles: What about that girl who sings?
- Mrs. Alexis Richardson: Every man has a girl who sings someplace in his life.”
“- Jack: What do you want me to play?
- Emerald: I don't care. Just look at me while you do it.”
“- Bobby: If I was no good, why did you steal my fucking voice? Huh?
- Jack: Cause you had nothing to fucking say.”
“- Jack: If I don't say this then I'll never forgive myself.
- Ally: What...
- Jack: If you don't dig deep into your fuckin' soul you won't have legs. I'm just telling you that. If you don't tell the truth out there you're fucked. All you got is you and what you have to say to people and they are listening right now and they are not going to be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Jack: Do you write songs or anything?
- Ally: I don't sing my own songs.
- Jack: Why?
- Ally: I just don't feel comfortable.
- Jack: Why wouldn't you feel comfortable?
- Ally: Because like almost every single person that I've come in contact with in the music industry has told me that my nose is too big and that I won't make it.”
“Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will.”
“If I could sing a lick, I would. But I can't. And I hate myself everyday because of it.”
“- Reverend Hubbard: We're gonna miss your voice in the choir, Norma.
- Norma Rae: You're gonna hear it raised up someplace else.”
“- Dottie Hinson: What did you do to her?
- Doris Murphy - 3rd Base: Nothin', we just gave her a dress.
- Mae Mordabito: And a lotta liquor!”
“Opera is: when a guy's stabbed in the back, instead of bleeding, he sings. It seems to me, after much research, that rap is when a guy is stabbed in the back, and instead of bleeding, he talks. Er, rhythmically, even with feeling. But because rap's spoken, the feeling is sort of held in check: all on one note.”
“Old McWalter had a farm and on that farm he had a kid with squishy, puffy cheeks.”
“You're willing to pay him a thousand dollars a night just for singing? Why, you can get a phonograph record of Minnie the Moocher for 75 cents. And for a buck and a quarter, you can get Minnie.”
“- Rusty: Let me guess, a Jehovah's Witness?
- Walt Koontz: I was wondering, uh, if I could pay you for singing lessons?
- Rusty: Oh hahaha, oh, honey, I'd rather suck Hitler's dead dick.
- Walt Koontz: I bet you already did!”
“Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down. Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way.”