“Going in Style” quotes(1979)
Plot – Al, Willy and Joe live together and their biggest pleasure is sitting on a bench of the park watching birds and children. One day Joe proposes to rob a bank to enjoy life better and the hit is a success, but for one of them the excitement is fatal.
All actors – George Burns, Art Carney, Lee Strasberg, Charles Hallahan, Pamela Payton-Wright, Siobhan Keegan, Brian Neville, Constantine Hartofolis, Mary Testa, Jean Shevlin, James Manis, Tito Goyashow all
“Going in Style” Quotes 14 quotes
“- Willie: Joe, you really think this is gonna work?
- Joe: What does it matter? I feel like I'm 40 again.”
“Besides, what the hell could we lose? Either we get the money or we get caught. We're winners either way.”
“- Al: I've never been on a plane before.
- Joe: Neither have I. So what? We're only young once.”
“- Joe: That makes everything harder to trace.
- Al: Boy, you must have done some stealing during the war.”
“Wake up, Al. The cops just called us a bunch of amateurs. I suppose we gotta' knock off a bank every other week in order to get some respect from those jerks.”
“Feels funny to say, but I get the feeling I'm gonna' be joining you real soon, Willie.”
“- Pete: I don't know, Joe. Maybe you should just give 'em back the money from the robbery.
- Joe: Forget it. Al and Willie would both die if I gave that money back. Besides, Pete, let me tell you something. For the past couple of years, me, Al and Willie all sat on that park bench and looked at each other. Maybe a politician would come around...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Don't anybody work up here? They're all out walking.”
“- Willie: What if we get shot?
- Joe: What's the difference?
- Al: Willie, what's the difference?”
“- Joe: I did some stealing during the war, so I'll set everything up.
- Al: What do you mean, you did some stealing?
- Joe: Never mind what I mean.”
“A stick-up guy I used to know a long time ago told me that the most important thing is to put fear into everybody right away. So when we get in there, let me do all the talking.”
“How's about we all go on a stick-up? It's foolproof. If it works, we'll be in great shape. If not, maybe they'll give us three years. Maybe. That would be free room and board, and when we get out, we'd each have 36 social security checks waiting for us. That, by the way, adds up to 8,532 bucks - apiece. Not a bad piece of change.”
“Feels like we're living two lives. One before the robbery and one after.”