“Phone Booth” quotes(2002)
Plot – Stu Shepard, a New York advertiser, often uses a public telephone not to be discovered by his wife Kelly while he calls Pamela. One day, he's in the call box and the telephone rings: a stranger voice warns Stu that if he will close the conversation he will be killed. The mysterious caller is a serial killer with a shotgun who, to prove Stu his real intentions, kills a passerby. At first the police thinks that the murder is committed by Stu himself, but Captain Ramey soon realizes things are different.
All actors – Colin Farrell, Kiefer Sutherland, Forest Whitaker, Radha Mitchell, Katie Holmes, Paula Jai Parker, Arian Waring Ash, Tia Texada, John Enos III, Richard T. Jones, Keith Nobbs, Dell Yount, James MacDonald, Josh Pais, Yorgo Constantine, Colin Patrick Lynch, Troy Gilbert, Richard Paradise, Seth William Meier, Svetlana Efremova, Billy Erb, Domenick Lombardozzi, Maile Flanagan, Tom Reynolds, Julio Oscar Mechoso, Karara Muhoro, Zidu Chen, Shu Lan Tuan, Dean Cochran, Amy Kowallis, Tory Kittles, Bruce Roberts, Tyree Michael Simpson, Dean Tarrolly, Mary Randle, Paul Fontana, Michael Arturo, Phil Paul Call, Mia Cottet, Ben Foster, Enrique Hernandez, Jared Huckaby, Chris Huvane, Joshua Kalef, Rana Morrison, Kim Posnett, Emmett Ivor Thomasshow all
“Phone Booth” Quotes 24 quotes
“- The Caller: You'd shoot me if you had the chance, wouldn't you?
- Stu: With a big fucking smile on my face.
- The Caller: There's the spirit.”
“- Stu: So you're an actor?
- The Caller: Yes, one of your pathetic failed ones. You don't have to come find me and ruin me, I can't get work as it is. I've done some off-Broadway, some off-Manhattan, but that dried up. Now I wait tables, clean toilets, anything I can to make the rent. I'm a walking cliché.”
“I work so hard on this image, on Stu Shepherd, the asshole who refers to himself in the third person, that I only proved I should be alone. I have just been dressing up as something I'm not for so long, I'm so afraid no one will like what's underneath. But here I am, just flesh and blood and weakness.”
“TV seems to bring out the worst in people.”
“If you have to ask, you're not ready to know yet.”
“- The Caller: If only you had dealt with the man decently, this might not have been necessary.
- Stu: I offered him money. I offered him my watch.
- The Caller: But not your respect, which is what he really wanted. You were dismissive just as you were to the nice pizza guy. You are guilty of inhumanity to your fellow man.”
“It used to be a mark of insanity to see people talk to themselves now it's a mark of status, and speed dial is quickly replacing the drop of a coin. Despite an increaseusage of cellular devices, an estimated four and a half million residents and two million visitors still utilize payphones on a regular basis.”
“I know a thing or two about lies, and I know a thing or two about liars.”
“- Stu: I already told you this is a private conversation. Now, what the fuck do you want?
- Capt. Ramey: I just want you to know, that it's safe outside the booth.
- The Caller: No, it's not.
- Stu: Always get out of the booth. I like in the fucking booth. It's my whole world now, this is my booth and I'm not coming out ever. You hear me? Never.”
“Stand up and be a man!”
“Deception can't go unrewarded.”
“You can't understand the pain of betrayal until you've been betrayed.”
“- Stu: I don't know what I did to you, but whatever it was I'm glad. Alright, I wish it had been worse, I wish you had fucking died.
- The Caller: Yes! Finally some honesty.”
“- Felicia: Goddammit, man! You done made me hurt my dick hand.
- Stu: Ooooh! I'm sure you're just as good with the other hand.”
“- The Caller: You think she didn't know she was being watched.
- Stu: What?
- The Caller: But beautiful women always know. That false indifference, superior air. It's just a tease. They want eyes on them. Why does she put on her make up? Do her hair? Dress so nicely? Not for her husband which she hardly ever sees, no, it's for somebody else to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The first step to being noticed is being mentioned.”
“My $2,000 watch is a fake, and so am I.”
“- The Caller: You're in this position because you're not telling the truth.
- Stu: No, I'm in this fucking position because you have a gun!”
“- The Caller: Stu, you didn't tell your wife the truth, you're cheating.
- Stu: I'm not cheating on Kelly, I never have!
- The Caller: Oh, then what do you call it?
- Stu: Look, you're a guy. Sometimes you wanna know it's a possibility, all right? You know it's like having a beautiful home, but you still dream of that quickvacation down there,...” (continue)(continue reading)