Guy Pearce quotes
“I have sinned. I'm going to burn in Hell forever. I threw away the right to go to Heaven.”
“- Joanna: I love him.
- The Reverend: No, you do not. It is lust.
- Joanna: Yes.
- The Reverend: I will beat your mother out of you.”
“- The Reverend: I will love you and you will learn to love me. It is God's will.
- Joanna: I will kill you.”
“People think it's the flames that make Hell unbearable. It's not. It is the absence of love.”
“- William Cecil: Madam, if I may speak? While she is on this island, she must bow to you, not to Rome. Our Catholics must know that a papist will never again sit on the English throne.
- Queen Elizabeth I: What would you suggest?
- William Cecil: Kill her hope, and hopeless, she may return to the comfort of the continent.”
“- Edmond Dantes: May I steal your wife?
- Fernand Mondego: Excuse me?
- Edmond Dantes: For the Waltz?”
“- King Edward VIII: Haven't I any rights?
- King George VI: Many privileges.
- King Edward VIII: Not the same thing.”
“At this moment of our civilization, we can create cybernetic individuals, who in just a few short years will be completely indistinguishable from us. Which leads to an obvious conclusion: we are the gods now.”
“- Major Biggs: There are rules and Marines are sworn to uphold them.
- Childers: I was not going to stand by and see another Marine die just to live by those fucking rules.”
“I know what that's going to sound like when I knock on it. I know what that's going to feel like when I pick it up. See? Certainties. It's the kind of memory that you take for granted.”
“- Leonard Shelby: How can you read that again?
- Leonard's Wife: It's good.
- Leonard Shelby: Yeah, but you read it like a thousand times.
- Leonard's Wife: I enjoy it.
- Leonard Shelby: I always thought the pleasure of a book is not knowing what happens next.
- Leonard's Wife: Hey, don't be a prick. I'm not reading it to annoy you, I enjoy it....” (continue)(continue reading)
“The early bird gets the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.”
“- Samir Horn: You know that the Qu'ran says that if you kill an innocent person it's as if you've killed all mankind?
- Roy Clayton: It also says that if you save a life its like you've saved all mankind...”
“- Ed Exley: How's it going to look on your report?
- Bud White: It'll look like justice. That's what the man got.”
“- Samir Horn: Oh, I'm a terrorist?
- Roy Clayton: I don't know you tell me, you've been selling them explosives.
- Samir Horn: Oh, I sell to who can afford to buy it... like the US Government.
- Max Archer: Only ours don't kill innocent people.
- Samir Horn: Oh yeah they do, genius, people just usually have darker skin.”
“The thrill of coming home has never changed.”
“To those of you who know me: you will be aware by now that my ambition is unlimited. You know that I will settle for nothing short of greatness, or I will die trying. To those of you who do not yet know me: allow me to introduce myself. My name is Peter Weyland, and if you'll indulge me, I'd like to change the world.”
“You can just feel the details. The bits and pieces you never bothered to put into words. And you can feel these extreme moments... even if you don't want to. You put these together, and you get the feel of a person. Enough to know how much you miss them... and how much you hate the person who took them away.”
“- Hodges: I'll make you a deal. If you can tell me right now what the life expectancy was for second lieutenant dropped into a hot LZ in Vietnam in 1968, I'll tell you everything I remember about Ca Lu.
- Major Biggs: One week.
- Hodges: Negative. Sixteen minutes. Sixteen fucking minutes. That's all I remember about Ca Lu.”