Gary Leonard Oldman quotes
“Please tell the Privy Seal that I'm sealed in the privy and I can only deal with one shit at a time.”
“- Winston Churchill: Do I have your, uh, permission, uh, to send, uh, an aircraft carrier to pick up the P-40 fighter planes we purchased from you? Mr. President?
- President Roosevelt: Well, you-you've got me there again. New law preventing transshipment of military equipment.
- Winston Churchill: Uh, but we paid for them. We-we paid for them...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- King George VI: How do you manage drinking during the day?
- Winston Churchill: Practice.”
“- Reese: They're trying to kill me!
- Lt. James Gordon: Well, maybe Batman will save you.”
“You can not reason with a tiger when your head is in its mouth.”
“John Houseman-All I am saying is, no one can write like that.
Herman Mankiewicz-But I can write like that, Houseman. I have. The narrative is one big circle, like a cinnamon roll. Not a straight line pointing to the nearest exit. You cannot capture a man’s entire life in two hours. All you can hope is to leave the impression of one.”
“Marion Davies-Pops, this is Herman Mankiewicz, but we have to call him Mank.
William Randolph Hearst-Mankiewicz? Herman Mankiewicz. New York playwright and drama critic?
Herman Mankiewicz-Turned humble screenwriter, Mr. Hearst.
William Randolph Hearst-Why, no need to be humble, Mr. Mankiewicz. Pictures that talk are the future. They’re going to...” (continue)(continue reading)
John Houseman-All in all, it’s a bit of a jumble.
Herman Mankiewicz-Did you say “jumble” or “jungle”?
John Houseman-A hodgepodge of talky episodes. A collection of fragments that leap around in time, like Mexican jumping beans.
Herman Mankiewicz-Welcome to my mind, Old Sock.
“Will you stop interrupting me while I am interrupting you!”
“- Guildenstern: I don't believe in it anyway.
- Rosencrantz: What?
- Guildenstern: England.
- Rosencrantz: Just a conspiracy of cartographers, then?”
“- Winston Churchill: On certain matters I have very few people with whom I can... talk frankly.
- King George VI: Perhaps now we have each other.
- Winston Churchill: And I no longer scare you?
- King George VI: A little. But I can cope.”
“I'm getting the job only because the ship is sinking. It's not a gift, it's revenge.”
“I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.”
“- Clemmie: Are we terribly old?
- Winston Churchill: Yes, I'm afraid you are.
- Clemmie: Oh, you beast!”