- Movie quotes
- Showdown in Little Tokyo
“Showdown in Little Tokyo” quotes
Title Showdown in Little Tokyo
Mark L. Lester
Plot – Yakuza lands in Los Angeles, where Yoshida kills the local boss Tanaka. Two detectives chase him: Chris Kenner, an American man raised in Japan, and Johnny Murata, a Japanese-American man raised in California. Both are martial arts experts and fight against Yoshida. Meanwhile the Yakuza kidnap Minako Okeya, a singer, and Kenner saves her, hiding in his house. The criminals capture them, but the couple manages to flee, until Kenner is able to stab Yoshida.
All actors – Dolph Lundgren, Brandon Lee, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Tia Carrere, Toshishiro Obata, Philip Tan, Rodney Kageyama, Ernie Lively, Renee Allman, Reid Asato, Takayo Fischer, Simon Rhee
“- Johnny Murata: Ya know, it's kinda like one of those video games... you just defeated the first wave.
- Chris Kenner: Do you know you have moments when you're truly an asshole?”
“- Johnny Murata: I wanted to work in Malibu.
- Chris Kenner: That'll never happen.
- Johnny Murata: Thanks, that's supportive. I've joined you on this quest for personal vengeance and you've got to take a shot at my dreams?”
“- Chris Kenner: I liked that car. And I liked that girl. And I'd like to cut off certain parts of Yoshida's anatomy.
- Johnny Murata: Ya know, you've got a fixation, pal...”
“- Johnny Murata: What did that mean?
- Chris Kenner: Roughly translated, out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red-hot poker.
- Johnny Murata: There you have it.”
“Cop. Policeman, Understand? It's bad to shoot me. He's a cop too. It's bad to shoot him.”
“This may sound strange for a cop: Let's get the fuck out of here.”
“- Johnny Murata: Are you gonna kill him?
- Chris Kenner: Not right now... Maybe later.”
“- Chris Kenner: Look, I'm gonna call your chief, tell him it's not working out, and send you back to wherever it is you came from.
- Johnny Murata: Don't do that. They really don't want me back. I have a problem keeping partners too.
- Chris Kenner: I can see why. I hate you already.”
“You have the right to be dead.”
“- Johnny Murata: You know all of that upper body strength really slows you down.
- Chris Kenner: I'm not slow.
- Johnny Murata: You didn't hit me.
- Chris Kenner: If I did, you wouldn't be here.
- Johnny Murata: Not arguing. But you didn't...”
“- Chris Kenner: How long did you study?
- Johnny Murata: Since I was four.
- Chris Kenner: Should've started earlier. That would've helped your form.
- Johnny Murata: I was four! There's nothing wrong with my form.”
- Johnny Murata: Kenner, just in case we get killed, I wanted to tell you, you have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man.
- Chris Kenner: Thanks. I don't know what to say.
- Johnny Murata: How about "Don't get killed"?
“That's perfect... I'm partnered with a homicidal maniac on a personal vendetta of family vengeance.”
“We've got a problemhere. There are more bad guys than we've got bullets.”
- Johnny Murata: What are we going to call this in the police report?
- Chris Kenner: How about "community relations"?
- Johnny Murata: We blew up the crime scene, killed the suspects...
- Chris Kenner: ...and joined the local parade.
- Johnny Murata: I like it!