Plot – Five twenty-year-old Americans are struggling to find true love. Mike is a stressed out actor who has just broken up with the woman of his life to seek success in Hollywood. After a few months, however, Mike is still waiting next to the voice mail, thinking about the past and hoping to hear news from his ex-girlfriend. His friends Trent, Rob, Sue and Charles don’t want Mike to be moody all the time, so they decide to do something to motivate him. Trent teaches Mike how to be single. They go to Las Vegas, they lose everything, they go back to Los Angeles, they go pub crawling and to parties with never-ending discussions about cinema, actors and women. Maybe the future will be brighter if he confronts himself with other people.
All actors – Jon Favreau, Vince Vaughn, Ron Livingston, Patrick Van Horn, Alex Désert, Heather Graham, Deena Martin, Katherine Kendall, Brooke Langton, Blake Lindsley, Kevin James Kelly, Stephanie Ittlesonshow all
“Swingers” Quotes 16 quotes
“- Robb: See, Mike, the only difference between giving up and not giving up is if you take her back when she wants to come back. But you can't do anything to make her want to come back. In fact, you can only do stuff to make her not want to come back.
- Mike: So the only difference is if I forget about her or just pretend to forget about her?”
“You don't look at the things that you have, you only look at the stuff that you don't have.”
“- Trent: Yeah, but you know what, Mike? You can make their heads bleed in this one.
- Mike: Make somebody's head bleed.
- Sue: No man, we're in the playoffs.”
- Trent: And you got these fucking claws and these fangs, man! And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs. And you're thinking to yourself, you don't know what to do, man. "I don't know how to kill the bunny". With this you don't know how to kill the bunny, do you know what I mean?
- Sue: You're like a big bear, man.
-... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lorraine: Hi Mike, I'm Lorraine.
- Mike: Like the quiche.
- Lorraine: Like the quiche? That's a really original joke.”
“- Mike: Why'd they get rid of the fighting? It was the best part of the old version.
- Sue: I think kids were hittin' each other or somethin', man.”
“I'll have a scotch on the rocks, please. Any scotch will do, as long as it's not a blend, of course. Single malt, Glen Livet, Glen Galley, perhaps, any Glen.”
“- Trent: So, what'd you think of that Dorothy girl?
- Mike: The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. Does that make me some kind of fag?”
“- Mike: How did you get over it? I mean, how long did it take?
- Rob: Sometimes it still hurts. You know how it is, man. It's like, you wake up every day and it hurts a little bit less, and then you wake up one day and it doesn't hurt at all. And the funny thing is, is that, this is kinda wierd, but it's like, it's like you almost miss that pain.”