“The Fabulous Baker Boys” quotes(1989)
Plot – For fifteen years, Frank and Jack Baker have been a successful duo of jazz pianists used to cheer people in clubs at night in Seattle. Frank has a wife and some children but due to his work and to the tours he can't spend with them a lot of time. Jack on the other hand is more introverted, more artist and lives alone in a miserable home, giving sometimes few music lessons to a nearby little girl. As their repertoire is kinda threadbare, Frank and Jack think to enrich it with a woman's voice: after some daunting auditions, they choose Susie Diamond, a flashy woman but with a sensual voice. They so become a very successful trio, but Frank is concerned that the attraction between Susie and his brother can lead their band to an end.
All actors – Jeff Bridges, Michelle Pfeiffer, Beau Bridges, Ellie Raab, Xander Berkeley, Dakin Matthews, Ken Lerner, Albert Hall, Terri Treas, Gregory Itzin, Bradford English, David Coburnshow all
“The Fabulous Baker Boys” Quotes 16 quotes
“Who I fuck and who I don't fuck is none of your fucking business!”
“You want me to get down on my knees and beg you to save the Baker boys from doom? Forget it, sweetheart. We survived for 15 years before you strutted onto the scene. Fifteen years.”
“- Jack Baker: You look good.
- Susie Diamond: You look like shit.
- Jack Baker: No, I mean it. You look good.
- Susie Diamond: I mean it, too. You look like shit.”
“You shouldn't be wearing a dress; you should be wearing a diaper.”
“- Frank Baker: You hit me!
- Jack Baker: I told you I was gonna hit you.”
“- Jack Baker: Listen to me, princess. We fucked twice. That's it. Once the sweat dries, you still don't know shit about me. Got it?
- Susie Diamond: I know one thing. While Frank Baker was home putting his kids to sleep last night, little brother Jack was out dusting off his dreams for a few minutes. I was there. I saw it in your face. You're...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Susie Diamond: Make any resolutions?
- Jack Baker: No, you?
- Susie Diamond: Nah, I figure all that stuff's a bunch of crap, anyway. You do what you do, right?”
“You let that guy turn us into clowns tonight. We were always small time, but we were never clowns.”