Plot – Jo has witnessed the death of his father when she was a child: he has been sucked into a tornado. Grown up, Jo is a meteorologist who continues her struggle against the forces of nature and against her husband, a weather researcher as well who wants to divorce. Soon Jo will get involved by him in cheasing a tornado. They have to place inside it a special machine, called 'Dorothy' as an ironic tribute to the "Wizard of Oz".
All actors – Helen Hunt, Bill Paxton, Cary Elwes, Jami Gertz, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Lois Smith, Alan Ruck, Sean Whalen, Scott Thomson, Todd Field, Joey Slotnick, Wendle Josephershow all
“Twister” Quotes 17 quotes
“- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: God, Meg, you've got a lot of beef. Where did you get all this beef?
- Meg Greene: Did you see my cows out front?
- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: No.
- Meg Greene: Oh!
- Dusty: You slaughter your own cows, Meg, nice.”
“Where's my truck?
[the truck crashes back to Earth, right in the middle of the road]
There it is.”
“- Dustin Davis: Oh God, he sucks.
- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: Oh, shut up. Get him off.
- Dr. Jo Harding: [about Jonas] He is so in love with himself. I thought it was just a summer thing.”
“- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: Y'know, in a severe lightning storm, you want to grab your ankles and stick your butt in the air.
- Haynes: He's right. If you're gonna get hit it's the safest orifice.
- Joey: Yeah, I'd like to get hit by lightning once, y'know, see what it's like.”
“- Dustin Davis: Jo, Bill did you see that explosion?
- Dr. Jo Harding: We saw it.”
“- Dr. Jo Harding: Is she ok?
- Paramedic: We'll probably keep her overnight just to be safe.
- Meg Greene: Overnight, forget it, I'm all right.
- Dr. Jo Harding: You're going to the hospital.
- Meg Greene: Ok, I'll go, but I'm gonna drive myself.
- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: Honey, your car is in a tree around the corner.
- Meg Greene: Oh!”
“- Dr. Jo Harding: Have you lost your nerve?
- Bill Harding: [laughs] Tighten your seatbelt!”
"The Suck Zone". It's the point basically when the twister... sucks you up. That's not the technical term for it, obviously.
“Ha Ha! It's the wonder of nature, baby!”
“- Bill Harding: Jo. Things go wrong. You can't explain them, you can't predict them. Killing yourself won't bring your dad back. I'm sorry that he died, but that was a long time ago. You gotta move on. Stop living in the past, and look what you got right in front of you.
- Dr. Jo Harding: What are you talking about?
- Bill Harding: Me, Jo.”
“- Tim 'Beltzer' Lewis: [over the radio, referring to Dr. Jo Harding and Bill Harding arguing] Hey, you guys want to wrap this up pretty soon?
- Bill Harding: [over the radio] What?
- Tim 'Beltzer' Lewis: Oh, nothing. I was just wondering if you wanted to chase this tornado, or if you just wanted to catch the next one.
- Bill Harding: Shit!”
“- Dr. Jo Harding: Cow.
[a cow flies by in the storm]
- Dr. Jo Harding: Another cow.
- Bill Harding: Actually I think that was the same one.”
“That's no moon, that's a space station!”