Lois Smith quotes
“It's funny how all living organisms are alike... when the chips are down, when the pressure is on, every creature on the face of the Earth is interested in one thing and one thing only. Its own survival.”
“- Sister Sarah Joan: You clearly love Sacramento.
- Christine 'Lady Bird' McPherson: I do?
- Sister Sarah Joan: You write about Sacramento so affectionately and with such care.
- Christine 'Lady Bird' McPherson: I was just describing it.
- Sister Sarah Joan: Well it comes across as love.
- Christine 'Lady Bird' McPherson: Sure, I guess I pay...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: God, Meg, you've got a lot of beef. Where did you get all this beef?
- Meg Greene: Did you see my cows out front?
- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: No.
- Meg Greene: Oh!
- Dusty: You slaughter your own cows, Meg, nice.”
This is from the Bible, it's from the Book of Ruth. And Ruth said: "Whither thou goest, I will go. Where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people”.
“I call it a gift, for them it was more like a big cosmic joke.”
“- Dr. Jo Harding: Is she ok?
- Paramedic: We'll probably keep her overnight just to be safe.
- Meg Greene: Overnight, forget it, I'm all right.
- Dr. Jo Harding: You're going to the hospital.
- Meg Greene: Ok, I'll go, but I'm gonna drive myself.
- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: Honey, your car is in a tree around the corner.
- Meg Greene: Oh!”
“- Chief John Anderton: Why should I trust you?
- Dr. Iris Hineman: You shouldn't. You shouldn't trust anyone. Certainly not the Attorney General who just wants it all for himself, and not the young Federal agent, who wants your job. Not even the old man who just wants to hold on to what he created. Don't trust anyone. Just find the Minority Report.”
“- Tracy Prescott: I've been good, havn't I? A good daughter. No complaints, no problems.
- Mrs. Prescott: You have been good.
- Tracy Prescott: Everything's been just great. I've always had alot of friends, I don't do drugs, I've never had an abortion, I've never even had the measles. Is it true? It is true, isn't it? I've never even had the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“A mother's arms are strong when her child is in danger.”