Cary Elwes quotes
“I've been doing some writing, which I find very cathartic and fun.”
“Failure is a character builder.”
“- Blinkin: Master Robin, Is that you?
- Robin Hood: Yes.
- Blinkin: Back from the Crusades?
- Robin Hood: Yes.
- Blinkin: And alive?
- Robin Hood: [pause] Yes.”
“Good people, who have travelled from villages near and far! Lend me your ears!
[the crowd proceeds to pull off ears and throw them at Robin Hood]
“- Asneeze: I've been in here for a while. Perhaps I could be of service. Do you have any questions?
- Robin Hood: What are you in for?
- Asneeze: Jaywalking.”
“- Dr. Kate McTiernan: Why am I here?
- Det. Nick Ruskin: You're here to fall in love, to experience love. But now I need you to listen very carefully, and take what I say very seriously, alright? Don't try to escape. Don't cry out for help. And do not try any of your kickboxing. Now I'll do what I can to help you not break these rules, but if...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I'm still learning, and that's what life is about.”
“- Dr. Kate McTiernan: What do you want from me?
- Det. Nick Ruskin: Everything.”
“- Arnold: How many lies have I told?
- Georgia: Oh, please. You're a lawyer!”
“- Westley: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
- Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
- Westley: That does put a damper on our relationship.”
“- Kayley: Why won't you look at me when I'm talking to you?... Oh. Oh, I didn't realize you were...
- Garrett: What? Tall? Rugged? Handsome?
- Kayley: Blind.
- Garrett: ...You know, I always forget that one.”
“- Det. Nick Ruskin: The department gives courses of self-defense.
- Dr. Kate McTiernan: I've been thinking about spending more time at the dojo.
- Det. Nick Ruskin: Kick boxing's fine, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking prevention. We teach things like varying your routine. Keeping your lights on at night. Maybe getting a dog.”
“As the producer, I can fire anybody I want, and I am fucking fired!”
“- Fezzik: Why do you wear a mask? Were you burned by acid, or something like that?
- Westley: Oh no, it's just that they're terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.”
“- Dr. Lawrence Gordon: What's the last thing you remember?
- Adam Faulkner-Stanheight: Nothing! I went to bed in my shithole apartment, and I woke up in an actual shithole.”
“- Boone: This is a personal favorite of mine. You thrust it into your opponent's belly like that, see? And then you twist it a little and rip out his stomach.
- Mowgli: And then do you eat him?
- Boone: No, of course not.
- Mowgli: Does he want to eat you?
- Boone: Why, no.
- Mowgli: Then why kill him?
- Boone: Because he's your enemy.
- Mowgli:...” (continue)(continue reading)