Philip Seymour Hoffman quotes
“- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: God, Meg, you've got a lot of beef. Where did you get all this beef?
- Meg Greene: Did you see my cows out front?
- Robert 'Rabbit' Nurick: No.
- Meg Greene: Oh!
- Dusty: You slaughter your own cows, Meg, nice.”
“- Rusty: Let me guess, a Jehovah's Witness?
- Walt Koontz: I was wondering, uh, if I could pay you for singing lessons?
- Rusty: Oh hahaha, oh, honey, I'd rather suck Hitler's dead dick.
- Walt Koontz: I bet you already did!”
“I have 94 per cent recall of all conversation. I tested it myself.”
“- Charlie Wilson: You mean to tell me that the U.S. strategy in Afghanistan is to have the Afghans keep walking into machine gun fire 'til the Russians run out of bullets?
- Gust Avrakotos: That's Harold Holt's strategy, it's not U.S. strategy.
- Charlie Wilson: What is U.S. strategy?
- Gust Avrakotos: Well, strictly speaking, we don't have one....” (continue)(continue reading)
“He's a sexy guy. He's sexy. He's sexually active in his community...”
“Life's a bitch, so I became one, honey!”
“It's the hardest when someone has a notion about you and it's impossible to convince them otherwise.”
“Sometimes when I think of how good my book is going to be, I can't breathe.”
“- Freddie Miles: Don't you want to fuck every woman you see just once?
- Dickie Greenleaf: Just once?”
“Poor me, poor me, pour me another.”
“The Doors? Jim Morrison? He's a drunken buffoon posing as a poet.”
“- Truman Capote: There wasn't anything I could have done to save them.
- Nelle Harper Lee: Maybe not. But the fact is, you didn't want to.”
“For 24 years people have been trying to kill me. People who know how. Now, do you think that's because my dad was a Greek soda pop maker? Or do you think it's because I'm an American spy?”
“As long as the press sees sex and drugs behind the left hand, you can park a battle carrier behind the right hand and no one's gonna fucking notice.”
“- Rusty: I'm an artist, you know?
- Walt Koontz: Bullshit. You're a fucking drag queen.
- Rusty: Let me savour those lovely words for a moment. What are you, channeling Jesse Helms?
- Walt Koontz: Don't be so sensitive. You can take a dick, you can take an insult.”
“There's only one thing I value and that's loyalty. And without it, you're nothing.”
“Music, you now, true music - not just rock n roll - it chooses you. It live in your car, or alone listening to your headphones, you know, with the cast scenic bridges and angelic choirs in your brain. It's a place apart from the vast, benign lap of America.”