Storm quotes24 storm quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“Reap the whirlwind, Brady. Reap it.”
“- Carl Spackler: I'd keep playing. I don't think the heavy stuff's gonna come down for quite awhile.
- The Bishop: You're right. Anyway, the Good Lord would never disrupt the best game of my life.
[a thunder strikes]”
“She thinks she can lose us, Dad! She thinks we're stupid! She thinks she can lose us in there!”
“In the past few hours many things have happened; rumors of nuclear attacks and a third world war are totally untrue. We have no reason to believe that any aggression has been taken against our homes our families. I believe what we stumbled across is not man-made but a phenomena of nature, one that can't be explained. This phenomena is the storm...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Where's my truck?
[the truck crashes back to Earth, right in the middle of the road]
There it is.”
“Are we about to get it on? Because I'm as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now.”
“There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get the same soaking. This understanding...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Dr. Jo Harding: Have you lost your nerve?
- Bill Harding: [laughs] Tighten your seatbelt!”
"The Suck Zone". It's the point basically when the twister... sucks you up. That's not the technical term for it, obviously.
“We got Hurricane Grace moving north off the Atlantic seaboard. Huge... getting massive. Two, this low south of Sable Island, ready to explode. Look at this. Three, a fresh cold front swooping down from Canada. But it's caught a ride on the jet stream... and is motoring hell-bent towards the Atlantic. What if Hurricane Grace runs smack into it?...” (continue)(continue reading)
Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "give me your best shot, pal. I can take it".
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.”
“Ha Ha! It's the wonder of nature, baby!”
“- Cyclops: Storm, fry him!
- Magneto: Oh yes! A bolt of lightning into a huge copper conductor. I thought you lived at a school?”
“- The Great Gonzo: Every storm we ride is its own reward.
- Rizzo the Rat: And people die by falling overboard.”
“- Captain von Trapp: Fraulein Maria, did I or did I not say that bedtime is to be strictly observed in this household?
- Maria: Yes, well the children were scared of the thunderstorm and... you did, sir.
- Captain von Trapp: And do you or do you not have trouble following these simple instructions?
- Maria: Only during thunderstorms, sir.”
“- Dr. Jo Harding: Cow.
[a cow flies by in the storm]
- Dr. Jo Harding: Another cow.
- Bill Harding: Actually I think that was the same one.”
“For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.”
“This storm will be magnificent. All the electrical secrets of Heaven.”
“- Elsa von Frankenstein: What a dreadful storm and awful lightening.
- Baron Wolf von Frankenstein: It's magnificent. Nothing in nature is terrifying when one understands it.”
“That's no moon, that's a space station!”