Bill Paxton quotes
“Hell of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.”
“There are days when I manage not to think of anything at all. Not the money... or the murders... or Jacob. Days when Sarah and I try to pretend we're just like everyone else... as if none of it ever happened. Those days are few and far between.”
Look at all the stars. You look up and you think, "God made all this and He remembered to make a little speck like me". It's kind of flattering, really.
“How 'bout a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?”
“Intelligence doesn't threaten me. Stupidity does.”
“- Vince: It's been up there fifty years and it isn't even tarnished!
- Bradlee: That's the beauty of gold. It never tarnishes. Lasts forever, too. You can twist it, pound it, even piss on it but it's always the same gold. It was here long before we were and it'll be here a long time after we're gone. I bet you a lot of men have died for the gold...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Lt. Commander Mike Dahlgren: I just don't think you're ready.
- Lieutenant Andrew Tyler: What do you mean I'm not ready? Sir, I have worked my tail off on the S-33. I'm qualified in every area and then some. What executive officer has higher marks then I do, Captain?
- Lt. Commander Mike Dahlgren: Andy! You're just not ready to take on a...” (continue)(continue reading)
“When I was still just a kid, I remember my father telling me what he thought that it took for a man to be happy. Simple things, really. A wife he loves, a decent job, friends and neighbors who like and respect him. And for a while there, without hardly even realizing it, I had all that. I was a happy man.”
“- Morgan Earp: It said that a lot of people, when they die, they see this light. Like in a tunnel. They say it's the light leadin' you to heaven.
- Wyatt Earp: Really? Well, what about hell? They got a sign there or what?”
“- Cage: What day is it?
- Master Sergeant Farell: For you? Judgement day.”
“- Private Hudson: Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bug hunt?
- Lieutenant Gorman: All we know is that there's still no contact with the colony and that a xenomorph may be involved.
- Private Frost: Excuse me, sir, a... a what?
- Lieutenant Gorman: A xenomorph.
- Corporal Hicks: It's a bug hunt.”
“Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in.”
“Remember, there is no courage without fear.”
“- Severen: I'm your worst fuckin' nightmare. Severen.
- Homer: And I'm Homer. That's H-O-M-E-R. Mispronounce it and I wouldn't wanna be you.”
“Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!”
“I'm not questioning your bravery. The question is: what about their lives? You and Mr. Emmett are good friends. You went to the Academy together. Would you be willing to sacrifice his life? Or what about some of the younger enlisted men? I know a lot of those guys look up to you like a big brother. You willing to lay their lives on the line?”
“- Simon: Some sort of legal secretary. Married to some boring jerk.
- Harry: Married to some boring jerk.
- Simon: Aww, but she could be so hot if she wanted to. She's like all these babes, you get their pilot lit, they could suck start a leafblower. And she's got the most incredible body too and a pair of titties that make you wanna stand up...” (continue)(continue reading)
“In the old days the studios guided your career. Now it's all up to you.”
“I'm actually really opposed to the death penalty.”
“- Joey Rosselini: You know, Gerald, I've dealt with niggers, kikes, pollacks, chinks, spics. God made it, I've seen it. But you fucking hillbillies, you are the dumbest that I've met!
- Gerald Gates: Go to Hell!
- Joey Rosselini: You know, Gerald, I gotta hand it to you, you got balls. Stupid as shit, but major balls.”