John Amos quotes
“I love my work and am grateful to God to have a profession that brings joy to so many.”
“There are three stages in an actor's career: Who is John Amos? Get me John Amos. Get me a young John Amos.”
“It's simply a matter of doing what you do best and not worrying about what the other fellow is going to do.”
“Convict... two things. One - I am Meissner. Two - Never fuck with Meissner.”
- Prince Akeem: Oh sir, the Giants of New York took on the Packers of Green Bay. And in the end, the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big "H". It was a most ripping victory.
- Cleo McDowell: Son, I'm only going to tell you this one time.
- Prince Akeem: Yes?
- Cleo McDowell: If you want to keep working here,... (continue)(continue reading)
“- Grant: You're the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- John McClane: Story of my life.”
“- John McClane: Guess I was wrong about you. You're not such an asshole after all.
- Grant: Oh, you were right. I'm just your kind of asshole.”
“- Dar: I've never seen a... pilgrim... who could use a staff the way you did.
- Seth: Ah, but sir; all pilgrims share a deep love of life; especially their own!”
“Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no...” (continue)(continue reading)