Spike Jonze quotes
“I have a home phone number, and I like it! It's like a throwback already.”
“I just want to be who I am, as I am.”
“I like hiring people based on a feeling - this person gets it - rather than what they've done in the past.”
“Big emotions that are unexplained are really scary. At least to me.”
“- Archie Gates: No unnecessary shots, Conrad, 'cause we know what they do.
- Conrad Vig: Make infected pockets full of bile, sir.
- Archie Gates: That's right, Conrad, that's what they do.”
“- Archie Gates: What was that?
- Conrad Vig: I rigged the football with C-4, sir.
- Archie Gates: Why would you do that?”
“- Archie Gates: My guess is he's divided these bricks into several different stashes. Just one of these stashes will be easy to take from Saddam's deserting army, and that will be enough to get us out of our day jobs. Unless, of course, you reservists are in love with your day jobs.
- Conrad Vig: I don't really have a day job, sir.”
“- Archie Gates: What's the most important thing in life?
- Troy Barlow: Respect.
- Archie Gates: Too dependent on other people.
- Conrad Vig: What, love?
- Archie Gates: A little Disneyland, isn't it?”
“Didn't think I'd get to see anybody get shot in this war.”
“- Troy Barlow: Conrad, you've washed your hands like ten times.
- Conrad Vig: Lord knows what kind of vermin live in the butt of a dune coon.
- Chief Elgin: Why do you let this cracker hang around with you, man?
- Troy Barlow: He's all right, man. He's from a group home in Dallas. He's got no high school.
- Conrad Vig: Don't tell people that.”