Catherine Keener quotes
“People will trade quality for ease every time.”
“- Helen Parr: Who did I put in jail?
- Evelyn Deavor: Pizza delivery guy. Seemed the right height, build. He gave you a pretty good fight. I should say I gave you a pretty good fight through him.
- Helen Parr: But it doesn't bother you that an innocent man is in jail?
- Evelyn Deavor: Eh, he was surly. And the pizza was cold.”
“- Andrea Phillips: I know this is what we do. This is our life. But it just seems like... the world is moving so fast... right now things are changing so much.
- Captain Richard Phillips: They sure are. I'll tell you something. It's not gonna be easy for our kids. They'll be going into a different world than the one you and I came into.”
“You're here to sell sugar and plastic.”
“- Missy Armitage: Something to lighten the mood.
- Dean Armitage: Yes, yeah, let's get this party back on track. How about sparklers and Bingo?”
“- First J.M. Inc. Customer: Now when you say that I can be somebody else, whaddya mean exactly?
- Craig Schwartz: Well, we mean exactly that. We can put you inside someone else's body, for fifteen minutes.
- First J.M. Inc. Customer: Can I be anybody that I wanna be?
- Craig Schwartz: Well, you... actually...
- Maxine Lund: You can be John...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Truman Capote: There wasn't anything I could have done to save them.
- Nelle Harper Lee: Maybe not. But the fact is, you didn't want to.”
“- Brie Marschz: Hamlet 2?
- Dana Marschz: The Deuce. Correct.
- Brie Marschz: Doesn't everybody die at the end of the first one?”
“The more people involved in making a movie, the worse it is, generally.”
“The movies I'm in not a lot of people see, but it's alright.”
“I don't think I'm very ambitious at all. But I seem to play people who have that quality.”
“- Craig Schwartz: There's a tiny door in my office, Maxine. It's a portal and it takes you inside John Malkovich. You see the world through John Malkovich's eyes... and then after about 15 minutes, you're spit out... into a ditch on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Maxine Lund: Sounds great! Who the fuck is John Malkovich?
- Craig Schwartz...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Rainey: So you're a leather now.
- Christopher McCandless: I'm a leather?
- Jan: Yeah, a leather tramp. That's what they call the ones that hoof it, go on foot.”
“Gary and I have been getting closer for awhile now and it turns out we're very compatible; as long as he keeps his mouth shut.”
“Maybe it's better that we just can't get pregnant. I feel like we shouldn't pass on this gene pool.”
“- John Malkovich: You see, Maxine, it isn't just playing with dolls.
- Maxine Lund: You're right, my darling, it's so much more. It's playing with people!”
“- Nicole Springer: I feel like such an asshole.
- Nick: You're just saying that because you have Preparation-H on your face.”
“Viktor, you realize you're nostalgic for an era you weren't even born in?”
- Maxine Lund: You're not a fag, are you?
- Craig Schwartz: No, I am really attracted to you.
- Maxine Lund: "No, I am really attracted to you", Christ, you are a fag. Okay, we can share recipes if you like, darling.
- Craig Schwartz: No, no, I love your tits, love 'em, I wanna fondle 'em.
- Maxine Lund: Great, now we're getting somewhere. Not a... (continue)(continue reading)
“You're not someone I could get interested in, Craig, you play with dolls.”