Chris Cooper quotes
“Hud saw something in you that you don't even see in yourself.”
“Say what you mean, mean what you say. You know that if everybody followed that rule, there'd be a lot less trouble?”
“- Woman on radio: The choice is clear. The Arion 620, the American-made car for American-made drivers.
- Bob Cody: That's a lie. Arion engines are made in Japan.
- Man on radio: Kill Signal, the movie everyone's talking about, from Weber Films.
- Bob Cody: That's another lie. We're not talking about it.
- Another man on radio: We're the U.S....” (continue)(continue reading)
“I got a little girl. Somebody rapes her, he's a dead dog. I'll blow him away just like Carl Lee did.”
“I like a very dry wit, not the big kind of humor like Robin Williams. I don't think I'm capable of that.”
“You'll never be as fast as Storm, but you can be smarter than him.”
“You can't turn back the clock, kid. But you can wind it up again.”
“It doesn't really matter the judgement of other men. I know what I've done.”
“Some people say we have the frontier of the mind, and they go off and explore the wonderful world of alcohol and drugs, but that's no frontier. It's just another way for us to fool ourselves. And we've created this phony frontier with computers, which allows people to, you know, think they've escaped. A frontier with access fees?”
“You know why the Soviet empire fell? Godlessness.”
“- John: I'm not gonna crawl on my belly in front of those miserable union rats.
- Elsie: Is that what this is about? Is this about your pride?
- John: It's about what's best for Coalwood. If this mine doesn't produce, then the town dies. Think the union gives a damn about that? They're nothin' but a bunch of greedy sons of bitches.”
“The world didn't stop. The newspaper still came every morning, the automatic sprinklers went off at six. Jerry next door still washed his car every Sunday. My life ended and nobody noticed.”
“Frankly, my politics are pretty left of left.”
“I don't want to go bald, I don't know what's coming up next.”
“- Col. Harry Burwell: This is not a war for the independence of one or two colonies, but for the independence of one nation.
- Capt. Wilkins: Tell me, Colonel, what nation is that?
- Peter Howard: An American nation!”
“- Colonel Frank Fitts: I'd rather you were dead than be a fuckin' faggot.
- Ricky Fitts: You're right. I suck dick for money.
- Colonel Frank Fitts: Boy, don't start.
- Ricky Fitts: Two thousand dollars - I'm that good.
- Colonel Frank Fitts: Get out!
- Ricky Fitts: And you should see me fuck. I'm the best piece of ass in three States.
- Colonel...” (continue)(continue reading)
“The perks go to the guys who play the game, the ones who politics.”
“- Jason Bourne: I don't want to do this anymore.
- Conklin: I don't think that's a decision you can make.”