“Three Kings” quotes(1999)
Plot – At the end of the Gulf War, a small group of adventurous American soldiers in Iraq decide to take possession of a huge gold treasure hidden somewhere near their desert base. They have found a map and, positive that it will lead them to the treasure, they embark on a journey that will lead them to discover unexpected things and will force them to face a heroic challenge. As soon as they are hit by the reality of war, which some of them had yearned to know, they come to understand that the human side of politics can change everything.
All actors – George Clooney, Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube, Spike Jonze, Cliff Curtis, Nora Dunn, Jamie Kennedy, Saïd Taghmaoui, Mykelti Williamson, Holt McCallany, Judy Greer, Christopher Lohrshow all
“Three Kings” Quotes 19 quotes
“You know you're on the path to truth when you smell shit, isn't that what they say?”
“- Captain Said: What make you decide to tell me about Crystal, my main man?
- Troy Barlow: Because we're both fathers.
- Captain Said: I'm not father no more, you remember? My son is dead now. Can you think how would feel inside your heart if I bombed your daughter?
- Troy Barlow: Worse than death.
- Captain Said: That's right. Worse than death.”
“- Archie Gates: Necessity.
- Troy Barlow: As in?
- Archie Gates: As in people do what is most necessary to them at any given moment.”
“- Archie Gates: No unnecessary shots, Conrad, 'cause we know what they do.
- Conrad Vig: Make infected pockets full of bile, sir.
- Archie Gates: That's right, Conrad, that's what they do.”
“- Archie Gates: What was that?
- Conrad Vig: I rigged the football with C-4, sir.
- Archie Gates: Why would you do that?”
“You are all under arrest, you're getting court-martialed and you're gonna show us that bullion.”
“- Archie Gates: My guess is he's divided these bricks into several different stashes. Just one of these stashes will be easy to take from Saddam's deserting army, and that will be enough to get us out of our day jobs. Unless, of course, you reservists are in love with your day jobs.
- Conrad Vig: I don't really have a day job, sir.”
“- Amir Abdullah: You know what I think? You're stealing gold, that's what I think. We're fighting Saddam and dying, and you're stealing gold.
- Archie Gates: You're wrong.
- Amir Abdullah: They have half a million men in the desert and they send four guys to pick up all this bullion? I don't think so.”
“Bush told the people to rise up against Saddam. They thought they'd have our support. They don't. Now they're getting slaughtered.”
“- Archie Gates: What's the most important thing in life?
- Troy Barlow: Respect.
- Archie Gates: Too dependent on other people.
- Conrad Vig: What, love?
- Archie Gates: A little Disneyland, isn't it?”
“Didn't think I'd get to see anybody get shot in this war.”
“- Archie Gates: Specifically, the worst thing about a gunshot wound, provided you survive the bullet, is something called sepsis.
- Chief Elgin: Infection of the blood...
- Archie Gates: That's right. Say a bullet tears into your gut. It creates a cavity in the dead tissue. That cavity fills up with bile, and bacteria, and you're fucked.”
“- Troy Barlow: Conrad, you've washed your hands like ten times.
- Conrad Vig: Lord knows what kind of vermin live in the butt of a dune coon.
- Chief Elgin: Why do you let this cracker hang around with you, man?
- Troy Barlow: He's all right, man. He's from a group home in Dallas. He's got no high school.
- Conrad Vig: Don't tell people that.”
“That's what makes Special Forces so badass; we got the best flashlights.”
“- Troy Barlow: Let's just stick to the plan. The plan is for the gold, right?
- Chief Elgin: Hold on, we can help these people first, and then we can be on our way.”
“I don't know if I can do this. I got a family. If I'm gonna shit in a bag for the rest of my life because I got shot after the war was over, that would be pretty fucking stupid wouldn't it, Major?”
“Why don't you find her someone she can fuck so she'll leave my escort alone?”