Matthew McConaughey quotes
“Today, I want to talk about our opponent this afternoon. They're bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced and on paper, they're just better. And they know it too. But I want to tell you something that they don't know. They don't know your heart. I do. I've seen it.”
“For those of you who may not know, this is the final resting place for six members of the 1970 Thundering Herd. The plane crash that took their lives was so severe, so absolute, that their bodies were unable to be identified. So they were buried here. Together. Six players. Six teammates. Six Sons of Marshall.”
“Man who invented the hamburger was smart; man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius.”
- Moondog: If I may suggest, your honor, I was told about this amazing rehab facility in the Virgin Islands that's got an open bar and 24 hour time massage. A little "jerky-jerk" to take the edge off you in the detox period. Drain the old jizz pipe with the anti toxins.
- Judge: Excuse me?
- Moondog: All due respect to my own personal fluid... (continue)(continue reading)
“If you wish to be the king of the jungle, it's not enough to act like a king. You must be the king. There can be no doubt. Because doubt causes chaos and one's own demise.”
“- Doyle: You can't just think about your family. You have to think bigger than that.
- Cooper: I'm thinking about my family and millions of other families.”
- Jack Lengyel: My youngest crapped his pants yesterday.
- President Dedmon: Well, that happens.
- Jack Lengyel: He's four. Sandy was out so I had to clean him up. When she got home, I told her what happened, she couldn't believe it. I said "I know, the kid's four, he shouldn't be doing that anymore", She said "No, not that, I can't believe... (continue)(continue reading)
“Now we came here today to remember six young men and sixty-nine others who will not be on the field with you today, but they will be watching. You can bet your ass that they'll be gritting their teeth with every snap of that football. How you play today, from this moment on is how you will be remembered. This is your opportunity to rise from...” (continue)(continue reading)
“From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose. We may be behind on the scoreboard at the end of the game but if you play like that we cannot be defeated.”
“One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters.”
“- Nate Ruffin: Coach, that... was my team. They left it in my hands.
- Jack Lengyel: No... no, they did not. They just left.”
“I don't want you to put a penny of that stuff in the bank. You know, I don't trust those Illuminati motherfuckers.”
“I mean, fuck, we're here to have a good time. I just wanna have a good time, until this shit's over, man. This life's gig a fucking rodeo and I'm gonna suck the nectar and fucking rawdog it till the wheels come off.”
“One day I will swallow up the world, and when I do, I hope you all perish violently.”
“- Baker Dill: People don't change.
- Karen Zariakas: I'm still the girl at the bridge.”
“She never knows whether opportunity's all around her, or it pours off her like rain.”
“- Duke: Do you see that, captain?
- Baker Dill: Yeah. I see him. Alright, what do you think man? Do you think the beast is close? What do you say, Duke?
- Duke: He's down there somewhere. Making up his damn mind.”
“If I didn't catch fish all day, I'd find a way to kill you.”