“All I Want for Christmas” quotes(1991)
Plot – Hallie is seven while her brother Ethan is thirteen and all they want for Christmas is to have their family back together. Their dad has left his good job at Wall Street to open a modest restaurant and their mother has lost the esteem toward him, so the kids make a wish and organize a meeting for their parents.
All actors – Harley Jane Kozak, Jamey Sheridan, Ethan Embry, Kevin Nealon, Thora Birch, Andrea Martin, Lauren Bacall, Amy Oberer, Renée Taylor, Leslie Nielsen, Felicity LaFortune, Camille Saviolashow all
“All I Want for Christmas” Quotes 16 quotes
“I usually specialize in stuff you can wrap.”
“Hallie, you can ask for toys, parakeets, hair care products, I don't care. But you may not ask for anything to do with interpersonal relationships! Got it? This is Santa Claus, not Dear Abby.”
“- Sylvia: I thought it might be enchanting to have the bridesmaids in little jodhpurs and carrying riding crops festumed with baby's breath.
- Lillian Brooks: That could be enchanting. In a stable.”
“Now look, Hallie, you can ask for toys, parakeets, hair care products, I don't care. But you may not ask for anything to do with interpersonal relationships! Got it? This is Santa Claus, not Dear Abby.”
“- Hallie O'Fallon: I'm gonna ask Santa to get them back together again so we can have us back together again.
- Ethan O'Fallon: Now look Hallie, you can't ask Santa Claus for that
- Hallie O'Fallon: Why not?
- Ethan O'Fallon: Well because... he's jolly... he's a jolly fat guy and not a marriage counseller.”
“There are all these pieces, and they don't fit together, but they do fit together.”
“After we get your parents back together, help me split up mine!”
“- Tony Boer: I bet you want to be a ballerina when you grow up.
- Hallie O'Fallon: I never said that.
- Tony Boer: I thought all little girls wanted to be ballerinas.
- Hallie O'Fallon: What if I'm too fat? What if my head's too big? It's too much pressure.”
Never use the word "lovely" darling. It's the mark of the jerk.
“- Tony Boer: It's never too early to know what you want.
- Hallie O'Fallon: I know what I want.
- Catherine O'Fallon: Honey, I think Tony's just trying to make conversation.
- Hallie O'Fallon: Wait until I'm in the third grade, then I'll pick a career.”