“My Girl 2” quotes(1994)
Plot – In Madison, Pennsylvania, Vada Sultenfuss is 13 and lives with her father Harry and her stepmother Shelly, who's expecting a child. The crisis for the baby's arrival, that would require her to leave her room, and the first teen disorders add to Vada's constant regret of never having met her mother Maggie. She was an actress and died after the childbirth, so Shelly suggests Vada to travel to Los Angeles to look for information about her mother. Vada will be hosted at her uncle's, who's living in LA with Rose Zsigmond, owner of a car repair, and her teenage son Nick. The boy helps Vada in her searches for the old friends of her mother for a school project. After a film director, a Jew photographer and a drunken poet, Vada meets an eccentric girl, owner of a boutique, who implies that her real father could be a certain Jeffrey Pommeroy, now married and father of a child. The two guys find him and Jeffrey explains Vada that he met Maggie during his artistic career in New York. Resigned but also galvanized by a Nick's kiss, Vada comes back to her family and to her newborn brother.
All actors – Dan Aykroyd, Jamie Lee Curtis, Anna Chlumsky, Austin O'Brien, Richard Masur, Christine Ebersole, JD Souther, Angeline Ball, Aubrey Morris, Gerrit Graham, Anthony R. Jones, Ben Stein, Keone Young, Richard Beymer, Jodie Markell, David Purdham, Kevin Sifuentes, Lauren Ashley, Roland Thomson, Devon Gummersall, Dan Hildebrand, Charles Fleischer, George Wallace, Lisa Bradley, Brendan Cowles, Alex Donnelley, Misa Koprova, Mark Jupiter, Mary Elizabeth Murphy, Alex Nevil, Cindy Benson, Bart Sumner, James R. Parkes, Rachel Wagner, Ryan Olson, Beau Richardson, Renee Wedel, Megan Butler, Tamara Olson, Wendy Schaalshow all
“My Girl 2” Quotes 14 quotes
“How can I do my job as a mother, if you don't do your job as a kid?”
“- Rose Zsigmond: I don't suppose your father gave you permission to pierce your ears?
- Vada Sultenfuss: Not exactly.
- Rose Zsigmond: Well, just don't shave your legs. Your father will never let you visit us again if I send you back hairless and full of holes.”
“Who are you? Hitler's hall monitor?”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: I love the fragrance of vintage books.
- Nick Zsigmond: I love the fragrance of chili dogs.”
“Vada, if bullshit wore a bra, you'd be top heavy.”
“- Hary Sultenfuss: Hey, you're not eating your meatloaf.
- Shelly Sultenfuss: If I eat it I'll throw up.
- Hary Sultenfuss: Well you should at least try a little bit.
- Shelly Sultenfuss: Then I'll throw up a little bit.”
“- Vada: If I get married, I'll never change my name.
- Nick Zsigmond: Why? You think the guy should change his name?
- Vada: I don't think anybody should change their names, that way you can't find them when you need them!
- Nick Zsigmond: What if you don't want to be found?
- Vada: Why do you argue with everything I say?”
“I remember before I was born, wounded up like a fur ball in the highly overrated fetal position, luckily I'm not claustrophobic, but on rainy days I still felt a tightness in my left shoulder. So now that my stepmother's pregnant, I understand what the baby's going through, and I'm not jealous at all, really, not at all.”
“- Vada Sultenfuss: Shelly's already told me all about sex.
- Harry Sultenfuss: She told me too. I mean, she told me she told you about sex. I - I personally knew about sex long before I met Shelly.
- Vada Sultenfuss: I figured you did.”