Thora Birch quotes
“- Enid: We need to find a place where you can go to meet women who share your interests.
- Seymour: Well, maybe I don't want to meet someone who shares my interests. I hate my interests.
- Enid: Yeah, yeah, just list your five main interests in order of importance.
- Seymour: Uh... I'd have to put traditional jazz, blues and then ragtime at the...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Allison: I like your costume, Dani.
- Dani: Thank you! I really like yours too. Of course, I couldn't wear anything like that because I don't have any - what do you call them, Max? Yabbos?
- Dani: Max likes your yabbos... in fact, he loves them!”
“- Enid: You know what we should do? We should just get in your car right now, and just drive off. Just find some totally new place and start a whole new life. Fuck everybody.
- Seymour: I'm... I'm not in any good condition to drive.
- Enid: I'm serious! I'm just so sick of everybody. Why can't I just do what I want?
- Seymour: What do you...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Teeny: No, you're lucky, Roberta. Men love them when they're big. Look how big mine are today.
- Samantha: They almost look real.
- Teeny: They're filled with pudding.
- Samantha: Pudding?
- Teeny: The Wormers actually gave me the idea. Jello is too jiggly. Pudding has a heavier, more realistic texture.
- Chrissy: What flavor is it?
- Teeny:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Enid: You're a cool guy, Seymour!
- Seymour: If I'm so cool how come I haven't had a girlfriend in, like, four years? I can't even remember the last time a girl talked to me.
- Enid: I'm talking to you. You know, I bet there are tons of women who would go out with you in a minute. I know I could organize you a date in, like, two seconds.”
“- Dani: You saved my life.
- Max: I had to. I'm your big brother.
- Dani: I love you, jerkface.
- Max: I love you, too.”
“I was 15 when I went out in the world. What's a home anyway? A roof? A bed? A place where when you go there, they have to take you? If so, then I was 15 when I became homeless.”
“I just felt like I was making people angry because I wouldn't wear the frilly bows.”
“I admire Jodie Foster. Her head is screwed on really well. It's not loose at all.”
“I was always working; it's just that no one was paying attention.”
“- Enid: How come in all that time I was trying to get you a date, you never asked me out?
- Seymour: You're a beautiful young girl, I couldn't imagine you'd have any interest in me except as an amusingly cranky eccentric curiosity.
- Enid: At least you're not like every other stupid guy in the world. All they care about is guitars or sports.
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Chrissy: It makes me look fat.
- Teeny: You are fat.
- Chrissy: I am not fat! Am I fat?”
“- Enid: I think only stupid people have good relationships.
- Seymour: That's the spirit.”
“- Ricky Fitts: It's like God's looking right at you, just for a second, and if you're careful... you can look right back.
- Jane Burnham: And what do you see?
- Ricky Fitts: Beauty.”
“- Soda Customer: Hi, can I get a medium 7-Up?
- Enid: Medium? Why sir, do you not know that for a mere 25 cents more you can purchase a large beverage? And you know, I'm only telling because we're such good friends, medium is really only for suckers who don't know the concept of value.”
“- Enid: Aren't you going to get that?
- Seymour: Let the machine get it. I have no desire to talk to anyone who might be calling me.”