“The Three Musketeers” quotes(1993)
Plot – A brave young mercenary named D'Artagnan decides to travel to Paris to enlist in the king's guard - the Musketeers. Arriving in the capital, he learns that this corp has been dissolved and that only three men have remained loyal to the crown: Aramis, Athos and Porthos. When the kingdom of the young king and Queen Anne is overturned by a conspiracy, the brave musketeers become the only hope of salvation. Surrounded by nefarious characters, such as Cardinal Richelieu, Milady De Winter and the Count of Rochefort, the Musketeers will face danger, fun and adventure.
All actors – Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland, Chris O'Donnell, Oliver Platt, Tim Curry, Rebecca De Mornay, Gabrielle Anwar, Michael Wincott, Paul McGann, Julie Delpy, Hugh O'Conor, Christopher Adamsonshow all
“The Three Musketeers” Quotes 29 quotes
“- Jussac: Are you coming peacefully or do you intend to resist?
- Porthos: Oh don't be so stupid, of course we intend to resist!”
“- Athos: I knew a young man once, a Count, who feared he would never fall in love. One day, he met a woman. This woman was more than beautiful. She was intoxicating, mysterious, everything he'd ever dreamed of. He felt his heart would burst if he couldn't have her.
- D'Artagnan: What happened?
- Athos: The poor idiot married her.
- D'Artagnan:...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- D'Artagnan: Why's Athos sitting by himself?
- Aramis: He takes his drinking very seriously. Not to worry; he'll be his usual charming self by morning.”
“- Cardinal Richelieu: Things couldn't be more perfect if I planned them myself. The King of France dies at the hands of his own personal guard. Grief stricken, terrified, the hudled masses turn for comfort to their devout spiritual leader who, ever so humbly, assumes the throne. With the Queen by his side.
- Queen Anne: I would rather die!
-...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- D'Artagnan: I don't know where they are.
- Cardinal Richelieu: And if you did?
- D'Artagnan: I wouldn't tell you...
- Cardinal Richelieu: I admire your courage, D'Artagnan. You might have made a great musketeer. But now we'll never know - will we?”
“- Porthos: Athos, you cannot fight this boy.
- Athos: Why not?
- Porthos: I'm fighting him.
- D'Artagnan: Not until 1 o'clock.
- Aramis: I have a duel with him too.
- D'Artagnan: Not until 2 o'clock.”
“- Porthos: For a chase, the Cardinal recommends his excellent '24 Cabernet. You can't have any, you're too young.
- Athos: Take the reins, boy.”
“- Porthos: Champagne?
- Athos: We're in the middle of a chase, Porthos.
- Porthos: You're right - something red.”
“- Aramis: Only the wrong words are waste of time. The right words can make a more lasting impression than a thousand of Porthos's kisses.
- Barmaid: Not likely.”
“- D'Artagnan: The Cardinal! We have to hurry!
- Porthos: You two have a date?
- D'Artagnan: No. It's the Cardinal. He's conspiring against the king.
- Aramis: Tell us something we don't know.”
“Rochefort. Isn't that a smelly kind of cheese?”
“There was a time when I would have given my life for a kind word from you.”
“- Porthos: I see. He thinks he can challenge the mighty Porthos with a sword!
- D'Artagnan: The mighty who?
- Porthos: Don't tell me you've never heard of me.
- D'Artagnan: The world's biggest windbag?”
“- Cardinal Richelieu: You object to losing your head?
- D'Artagnan: Yes, I like it where it is!”