“America's Sweethearts” quotes(2001)
Plot – Gwen Harrison and Eddie Thomas, one of the most famous couples in Hollywood, are the protagonists of the new movie that is about to come out. The couple, however, hate each other and they decided to divorce, also because they have both found a new lover. Gwen fancies the handsome Hector, while Eddie is in love with the secretary - and sister - of his wife, the chubby Kiki Harrison. Their press agent has to invent a thousand excuses to avoid the public and the fans of the couple to find out the truth, ruining the release of the movie.
All actors – Julia Roberts, Billy Crystal, Catherine Zeta-Jones, John Cusack, Hank Azaria, Stanley Tucci, Christopher Walken, Alan Arkin, Seth Green, Scot Zeller, Larry King, Steve Pink, Rainn Wilson, Eric Balfour, Marty Belafsky, Keri Lynn Pratt, Maria Canals-Barrera, Charley Steiner, Shaun Robinson, Jeff Michael, Sibila Vargas, Jane Yamamoto, Byron Allen, Wendy Schenker, Jim Ferguson, Lisa Joyner, Patrick Stoner, Sam Rubin, Susan Katz, Maree Cheatham, Alexander Enberg, Sarah Loew, Joseph Feingold, Sherry Jennings, Julie Sorrels, Austin L. Sorrels, Julie Wagner, Leilani Muenter, Dimitri Moraitis, Shawn Driscoll, Misti See, Gail Laskowski, Joel Ariniello, Raquel Baldwin, Amber Barretto, Heather Charles, Candice Cook, Ann Cusack, Michelle Gold, Zeen Jones, Marco López, George Miklos, Bob Pepper, Emma Roberts, Tom Schaus, Michael A. Tessieroshow all
“America's Sweethearts” Quotes 12 quotes
“Love is a bridge built between two people. We want what exists between them to be real.”
Survival rule number three, kid: you're not here to love anyone. You're here to promote a movie. That's it. Period. Say you're here and you get word that your mother died. You know, like, hit by a bus or something. You go downstairs, you shed a tear, and you say, "It's a shame. She would have loved this movie".
“- Wellness Guide: This letter, Edward, is a very important part of the healing process. By writing to your mother, you afford yourself the opportunity to thank her, or forgive her, or to ask her why she did the things she did. Now we don't mail the letter, but the simple act of putting it on paper frees you, allows you to let go. Now... what did...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Well, at least let me defend Hector. I only slept with him once, but I know his penis is bigger than a roll of quarters.”
“How can you be in love with someone and not even like them at the same time?”
“- Gwen Harrison: Oh, my God! He's gonna jump!
- Lee Phillips: He's not gonna jump.
- Gwen Harrison: I said I was going to give him the divorce papers.
- Lee Phillips: Shit, he's gonna jump!”
- Gwen Harrison: I slept with him.
- Kathleen "Kiki" Harrison: Hector? Are you in love with him?
- Gwen Harrison: Come on! It's not always about love. Sometimes you just need to get laid.
“I filmed my actors without their knowledge. I let the camera run after takes. I placed hidden cameras around the set. The end result is a story far more involving than anything manufactured by actors and writers. This is real life. The juice. The stink. The glory.”
- Eddie Thomas: I blew it. I lost her.
- Lee Phillips: Guy goes to his rabbi. He says, "I think my wife's trying to poison me". Rabbi says, "Let me talk to her". Comes back a little later and says, "Listen, I spoke to your wife for three hours. Take the poison". You get it? You and Gwen are over.
- Eddie Thomas: I don't care about Gwen! I'm... (continue)(continue reading)