Plot – Angus is chubby, he plays defender and has a crush on Melissa. Rick is handsome and blonde, he is the quarterback and is dating Melissa. Angus suffers for the situation and cannot help but vent his teenage doubts with his truck driver mother, a troubled friend and a septuagenarian grandfather. At the winter school dance however, Angus will have the chance to prove his worth and conquer Melissa's affection.
All actors – Perry Anzilotti, Kathy Bates, Robert Curtis Brown, Kevin Connolly, Tony Denman, Yvette Freeman, Salim Grant, Epatha Harris, Steven Hartman, Robin Lynn Heath, Grant Hoover, Evan Kaufmanshow all
“Angus” Quotes 12 quotes
“Some of them have braces, some of them have birth marks, or scars, or frizzy hair, or ears that stick out! But most of them probably walk through these halls every day, never telling anybody the truth about what they really want, or need, or believe, because people like you, normal people like you, have them terrified of being who they are. I...” (continue)(continue reading)
“I can't dance. My limbs are lethal weapons. Innocent people got hurt trying to teach me dance.”
“As for what anybody else thinks, always remember these words and live by them: screw 'em!”
“- Meg Bethune: Do you know what they did with his underwear? They ran it up the flag pole just to humilate him. And he gets up and goes back there every single day. Don't you tell me I don't know how strong my son is. I know. And if he wants to go to any God damn school where kids won't slap their belly every time he walks by, then he damn well...” (continue)(continue reading)
“You think you're the only person on earth who wakes up every morning wishing they were someone else?”
“- Rick Sandford: I'd lend you my shirt, but I'm afraid it might rip.
- Troy Wedberg: That's because it's cheap... like your mother.”
“- Grandpa Ivan: Superman isn't brave.
- Angus: Did you take your pills this morning?
- Grandpa Ivan: You don't understand. He's smart, handsome, even decent. But he's not brave. No, listen to me. Superman is indestructible, and you can't be brave if you're indestructible. It's people like you and your mother. People who are different, and can be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Angus Bethune: If the element can hold out long enough and face the torment of the system until the system's energy is depleted. If the element can look the system in the eye and say 'I'm still here, asshole!' Then, the system will have to change, adapt, mutate. And if this happens, it will have proved my fucking point.
- Mr. Kessler: Which is...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Angus Bethune: I'm hoping to prove that within every normal system, there exists an aberration. Something different.
- Mr. Kessler: The Chaos theory.
- Angus Bethune: The Bethune Theory.
- Mr. Kessler: Your hypothesis?
- Angus Bethune: When a small, abnormal element is forced into a larger normal system, the element will either be rejected or...” (continue)(continue reading)
“- Angus Bethune: I get this pain in my stomach whenever I see her.
- Troy Wedberg: You get a boner in your stomach?”
“My mother named me after my father, Angus; a cow's name, which didn't help matters much, because I was a big kid. My mother was in labor with me for two days, but it was my father who died during child birth. He had a heart attack waiting for her to deliver, but this wasn't really my problem. In fact, I perceived my family situation as...” (continue)(continue reading)