Mortality quotes26 mortality quotes, film quotes, movie lines, taglines
“What kind of peace do we seek? I am talking about genuine peace, the kind of peace that makes life on Earth worth living. Not merely peace in our time but peace for all time. Our problems are manmade, therefore, they can be solved by man. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.”
“You say that you want to help people, but you can't feel their pain, their mortality... It's time you learn what it means to be a man.”
“- Bek: [sees giant snakes] We should run.
- Horus: Run?
- Bek: We mortals do it all the time!”
“Never do anything you wouldn't want to be caught dead doing.”
“- Yashida: I am the same man. I was not ready to die then. I am not ready to die now. But you are, aren't you?
- Logan: Are you offering to kill me?
- Yashida: No. Not right away. You can live an ordinary life. Fall in love, have a family, grow old. And one day, die an ordinary death. It can be done.”
“I hate funerals. They're an undeniable reminder of man's mortality.”
“We've brought this upon ourselves - we've called death to us.”
“Fun is fun. And done is done. Nobody lives forever, but we all shine on.”
“Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children's futures, and we are all mortal.”
“- Oscar Jaffe: I'm offering you a last chance to become immortal.
- Lily Garland, aka Mildred Plotka: Then I've decided to stay mortal with responsible management.”
“You're beautiful to me because you're human. Your frailty. Your short years. Your heart. All that suddenly seems more precious than anything I've ever known.”
“- General Timms: What do you see?
- Hoover: People dead before their time.”
“Since we're not immortal no more. We've got to take care of our immortal souls.”
“- Liu Kang: Rayden, you cannot die.
- Rayden: I am proud to die... a mortal.”
“- Grandpa Ivan: Superman isn't brave.
- Angus: Did you take your pills this morning?
- Grandpa Ivan: You don't understand. He's smart, handsome, even decent. But he's not brave. No, listen to me. Superman is indestructible, and you can't be brave if you're indestructible. It's people like you and your mother. People who are different, and can be...” (continue)(continue reading)
“If you intend to live your life with a mortal, you must live as a mortal.”
“Many years after I was married, one night, I found Heather in front of the house. She had a knife in one hand, and her hair in the other. When I asked her why she had done such a thing to herself, she said it was the one part of her that would never age. It would remain the same as when I first fell in love with her. That's how she wanted me to...” (continue)(continue reading)
“Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. But I rather believe than time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important how we lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal.”