“Animal Crackers” quotes(1930)
Plot – Mrs. Rittenhouse gives a party for Captain Spaulding's return from Africa. During the ceremony, a Beaugard painting is introduced to the guests. Mrs. Rittenhouse's daughter, with the help of Harpo and Chico, replaces it with a picture of her boyfriend. The result is a succession of quid pro quo in which the four comedians have lot of fun.
All actors – The Marx Brothers, Groucho Marx, Harpo Marx, Chico Marx, Zeppo Marx, Lillian Roth, Margaret Dumont, Louis Sorin, Hal Thompson, Margaret Irving, Kathryn Reece, Robert Greig, Edward Metcalfe, The Music Masters, Robert Allen, Donald MacBride, Ann Roth, Fredi Washingtonshow all
“Animal Crackers” Quotes 18 quotes
“- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: I used to know a fellow who looked exactly like you by the name of Emanuel Ravelli. Are you his brother?
- Signor Emanuel Ravelli: I am Emanuel Ravelli.
- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: Well, no wonder you look like him. But I still insist there is a resemblance.”
“You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, which doesn't say much for you.”
“Do you mind if I don't smoke?”
“- Mrs. Rittenhouse: Captain, this leaves me speechless.
- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: Well, see that you remain that way.”
“You two girls have everything. You're tall and short and slim and stout and blonde and brunette. And that's just the kind of a girl I crave.”
“How happy I could be with either of these two if both of them just went away.”
“- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: What do you say, girls? What do you say? Are we all going to get married?
- Mrs. Whitehead: All of us? But, that's bigamy!
- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: Yes, and it's big of me too.”
“All the jokes can't be good. You've got to expect that once in awhile.”
“One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.”
“I'm sick of these conventional marriages. One woman and one man was good enough for your grandmother, but who wants to marry your grandmother? Nobody, not even your grandfather.”
“- John Parker: Do you really love me?
- Arabella Rittenhouse: Why don't you marry me and find out.”
“- Signor Emanuel Ravelli: All you gotta do is open the door, step outside and there you are.
- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: There you are? There you are, where?
- Signor Emanuel Ravelli: Outside.”
“I'd buy you a parachute if I thought it wouldn't open.”
“- Signor Emanuel Ravelli: My idea of a house is something nice and a small and comfortable.
- Captain Jeffrey Spaulding: That's the way I feel about it. I don't want anything elaborate. Just a little place that I can call home and tell the wife I won't be there for dinner.”